Area Sales Managers
Area Sales ManagersApply now
We have a number of exciting opportunities for Area Sales Managers to join Majestic Commercial, part of the UK’s largest specialist wine retailer
Do you have proven experience generating new business in the on-trade within the Wine and Spirits Industry?
Are you WSET Qualified with a strong knowledge of wine?
If you have answered yes to these questions, then Majestic would be delighted to hear from you.
As a Majestic Wine Area Sales Manager, you will be the key driver in generating new regional on-trade business. You will be responsible for retaining and growing our existing client base, identifying new commercial opportunities and delivering excellent customer service.
- Deliver against budgets set by the business as part of the overall on trade budget in conjunction with your Head of Sales
- Build account plans with key customers to deliver your business objectives and ensure strong business relationships, improve rate of sale and profitability
- Deliver excellent levels of customer service across your account portfolio
- Work closely with your Head of Sales to ensure agreed Regional plans are delivered at field level
- Present account updates and future plans at bi-monthly sales team meetings
- Identify, develop and deliver insight driven innovation opportunities across all parts of the marketing mix, in order to drive portfolio and brand growth.
- A deep understanding of the business, its composition, brands and value proposition making key decisions in light of strategic and financial plans.
- Create alignment and integration by working with others, involving them at the right level throughout the process, to achieve clear decisions that can be executed quickly.
- Communicating insights in a compelling way, so that it is easy for our business partners to leverage them for improved decision-making.
- Clearly articulate brand vision, positioning, renovation and equity development to profitably grow the brand.
- Plan, develop and deliver inspiring, integrated and impactful communication and activation at point of purchase that bring the brand to life and deliver the brand growth targets
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Extensive experience for winning new business in the Wine and Spirits On-Trade.
- WSET Qualified
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience gained in a Sales / Business Development role within Wine & Spirits
- An excellent understanding of On-Trade channel (bars, hotels, restaurants)
- A thorough understanding of premium Wine & Spirits
- A good local knowledge of the area we recruiting for and excellent existing contacts within the industry (On-Trade preferred)
- You have a comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of brand building with the ability to balance commercial delivery, strong problem-solving skills and ability to identify sales/ brand opportunities
- You have a strong commercial understanding of customer P&L’s
- You are client centric, results driven, proactive and creative, structured, reliable and inquisitive
- Self motivated, confident and outgoing with the ability to build relationships at various levels.
- Creative with a can do attitude able to overcome challenges and find solutions in order to succeed
- Energetic and ambitious with the drive and determination to win
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels
- Well educated with relevant sales or marketing experience preferably gained working within the drinks industry
What’s in it for you
- A competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Sign on Bonus of £1,000.00 after successful completion of probationary period
- Company Car & Fuel Card
- Up to 20% Staff Discount
- 25 Days Holiday per year and we also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Life assurance 3x your salary
- Contributory pension
- An unparalleled fun company culture that's focused on empowering and developing our employees
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Locations we are recruiting for: West London, North London, North West London, Essex, Sussex, Devon & Cornwall, South Coast, West & South Yorkshire
Majestic is the UK’s largest specialist wine retailer. We began in London more than 40 years ago and today have more than 200 stores nationwide.
Our focus is to help our Commercial and Retail customers discover wines, beers and spirits they'll love.
That's why we always go one step further to ensure they have a fantastic personalised experience in store – whether that's through our in-store tasting counters, expert recommendations, a no-quibble refund guarantee, free glass hire, a carry-to-car service and much more.
With the buying power of a national business we can offer market-leading value, plus the personal touch of a local supplier as well as unparalleled service from our local store or our central warehouse. Wine is delivered by Majestic colleagues every time, and a stock hub is open seven days a week.
We have a market-leading, innovative range.
As the UK's specialist, it's our responsibility to have the best selection of drinks for you. That's why our multi-award-winning buying team is always on the hunt for products that combine real quality with value. And each of our 1,400 wines, beers and spirits has something truly special to offer.
Our expert colleagues.
We pride ourselves on our friendly, qualified experts both in the Support Centre and in our stores – our key strength is over 1,000 WSET trained colleagues offering knowledgeable service across all channels. In fact, we’re one of Europe’s biggest wine educators.
Why work for Majestic?
We pride ourselves on providing an engaging work environment where every colleague can learn, develop and progress in their career.
We're dedicated to providing WSET-qualified wine knowledge – whether you begin working with us just about knowing your Rioja from your Bordeaux or are a seasoned connoisseur.
What makes us different?
Majestic Commercial takes the best of Majestic’s national success, and focuses it locally for a completely reliable and truly personal service.
Our deliveries to our commercial customers are made from local Majestic stores or by our central warehouse by our own Majestic colleagues. This means stock gets delivered to our customers with the highest levels of care and attention. Our stores are open seven days a week for any emergency collections or last minute events.
We know that friendly, knowledgeable wine recommendations lead to happy, returning customers. That's why we believe in training every colleague.
We look forward to receiving your application! #ProudtobeMajestic
No Agencies Please - We thank you for your interest in working with Majestic Wine, however, we have a PSL who will be supporting us if needed. We will not pay fees or acknowledge any CV's supplied to Majestic Wine unless you have been briefed on the role by a member of our Talent Team.