Assistant Marketing Manager
Assistant Marketing ManagerApply now
We have an exciting opportunity for a Assistant Marketing Manager to join the UK’s largest specialist wine retailer!
Are you a highly organised and not phased by managing multiple tasks?
Do you previous exposure to a B2C marketing department?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would be delighted to hear from you!
The role of The Assistant Marketing Manager is to support the Marketing Manager in the delivery of a variety of marketing projects and campaigns and own the local in-store marketing plan. The Marketing Executive will be working on a broad range of marketing initiatives which will provide a great level of exposure to different aspects of marketing including: Advertising, Social media, Local marketing, Branding, Customer research and insight.
- Coordination of the delivery of the ATL marketing activities, working with our creative and media agency to ensure assets and campaigns delivered on time.
- Monitoring social media ads, comments and performance.
- Create surveys using survey tools and monitor responses.
- Analyse data from surveys and create and update trackers.
- Assist with briefing and delivery of research projects.
- Update and run monthly customer experience dashboards.
Local & Instore Marketing
- Own the new store, refits & closures marketing plan, working with retail ops and media agency to build and recommend local marketing plans that drive new customers to Majestic
- Identify local marketing opportunities for new stores and refits.
- Monitor performance of local campaigns and recommend improvements based on ROI and improved performance.
- Represent the Customer Team in the store design process, working with Retail Ops and Property to ensure an optimised customer experience in store design and store signage.
- Create a plan to constantly improve colleague engagement and compliance using in-store POS systems and working with all appropriate internal stakeholders.
- Working with Trade Planning and Marketing Leadership team, create and run a full calendar of in-store content and materials to support promotional activity, communicate our product range, and strengthen the Majestic brand.
- Manage day to day relationship with the printer for all instore POS.
- Manage data flows and automation of instore POS.
- Manage suppliers, Purchase orders and budget tracker.
- Ensure artwork files, briefs and project documents are on file and up to date.
- Maintain Trademark status log and register new brands with our lawyers.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Can do attitude
- 1-3 years experience in marketing ideally within Retail, FMCG or Hospitality
- Highly organised and not phased by managing multiple tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills and experience
- Analytical - Comfortable using spreadsheets and processing data to draw conclusions
- Previous experience working in a fast paced environment
- Previous exposure to a B2C marketing department
- Previous experience of using digital analytics tools
- Previous experience working with and managing marketing agencies - desired
Who are we?
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year. Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believe there is still a key role of a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.majesticcareers.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and French division. Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
- A competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Up to 20% Staff Discount
- 21 Days Holiday per year and we also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Life assurance 3x your salary
- Contributory pension
- Free parking on site
- An unparalleled fun company culture that's focused on empowering and developing our employees
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Location: Our Head Office is based in Watford, just 20 minutes from London Euston. From Watford Junction, we are a 15-minute walk to our Head Office
We are proud to offer a new Agile Working Policy for Support Centre colleagues; a blend of office and home working which will include a number of days working at the Majestic Office (post CV19 lockdown restrictions)
We look forward to receiving your application! Together we are Majestic! #TWAM
No Agencies Please - We thank you for your interest in working with Majestic Wine, however, we have a PSL who will be supporting us if needed. We will not pay fees or acknowledge any CV's supplied to Majestic Wine unless you have been briefed on the role by a member of our Talent Team.