Retail Driver - Godalming
Retail Driver - GodalmingApply now
Majestic Wine Godalming are looking for a Driver.
We are looking for a Driver to join us as we continue to grow our business through an exciting new venture.We believe that this success will come through our very own Majestic people and where best to start but right at the heart of our Internal Talent.
Have you heard that “everything is moving online these days”? Well, at Majestic we don’t think that’s true. In fact, after opening 5 stores over the Pandemic we’re one of the few retailers in the country still opening new bricks and mortar stores. And now we need a fantastic team to help us prove the case for physical retail - and to ensure the key pillar of our future growth (having the right store, in the right area) is met. Could that be you?
Not only will you be leading the charge for experience based retail, you’ll be given the opportunity to develop and grow one of our new stores (in a new location) for a number of years. It’s an incredible opportunity. There’s a whole raft of new and high value customers eagerly awaiting the chance to be wowed by your brilliant knowledge, service and passion - in locations we’ve long had our eye on.
Godalming is a perfect Majestic location. It’s a historic market town 5 miles to the south of Guildford, surrounded by green-belt land and perfect for our customer demographic. We’ve taken over an old pub called The Wey Inn, and are currently fitting it out to be a brilliant space for helping customers to discover new wines, beers and spirits.
As one of our newest Majestic teams, being proactive with growing the store and engaging with the local customer base will be key. There’s plenty of fantastic opportunities for strong walk-in growth, and the affluent local area could make for strong growth for years to come. This is the chance to be at the forefront of an exciting new chapter for both the town and the Majestic business
Do you love how it feels to help customers discover new products that they will love? Majestic Wine is seeking to recruit a committed and passionate Driver to join our Godalming team. Our people are our greatest asset, they deliver exceptional service and that’s why our customers keep coming back. We are passionate about helping people find the wine they’ll love and getting it delivered to them at their own convenience. Whether our customers are wine lovers or wine novices, our retail teams are there to help!
As a driver delivering products to our customers, you are at the forefront of delivering exceptional customer service. So whether it is making sure that deliveries are on time or supporting the retail teams on the shop floor, your role is crucial to the smooth running of our store.
Majestic also offers the very best opportunities and training; giving you the chance to immerse yourself into the wonderful world of wine. Our mission is to delight our customers with our fantastic products, no matter whether they are a connoisseur or a first-time buyer.
At Majestic Wine our Customers are at the heart of everything we do. In this role, you’ll be an ambassador for the store in which you work, supporting the team to deliver an outstanding shopping experience for every one of our customers. Therefore, we are looking for people who;
- Have a friendly, vibrant and engaging personal style
- Work in different paced store’s - no day is the same!
- Ensure Customers get the best shopping experience in-store
- Have the confidence to talk to our customers about the wine we sell
- Have a passion for engaging with customers and delivering a 5* customer experience and that our customers leave our store feeling valued and satisfied
- Will play your part in making sure the store looks fantastic and is a neat, safe and attractive place for our customers to shop in
- Can prioritise and be efficient with your time so you can spend more time with our customers finding wines they’ll love
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Will be happy to pick wine orders and jump in the van to deliver them if needed
- Wants to constantly improve your wine knowledge so you can share this with our customers (don’t worry, we will teach you everything you need to know)
- Have a positive can do attitude and are willing to muck in and be a real team player
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Able to give great, natural customer service by proactively smiling, greeting, acknowledging and helping customers.
- Works hard for customers, your team and your store.
- You are able to prioritise to ensure anything you do is right for our customers.
- Adaptable and resilient to meet the ever changing demands of our business.
- You are reliable and a good timekeeper.
- You must be smart and tidy at all times and work hard to keep our stores in a immaculate condition
- Hold a full UK/EU/EEA driving licence for at least 12 months with no more than 6 penalty points and must be over the age of 20 yrs old
- Proven working experience in Delivery Driver positions
- Basic understanding of customer service practices
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer service focus
- Friendly, helpful, confident and engaging personality
What is in it for you:
- Up to 20% staff discount
- The chance to become a Majestic Business Partner; run your showroom and team like it's your own business and reap the rewards!
- Fantastic incentives that take you around the world to explore our different vineyards
- Uniform provided
- A contributory Company Pension Plan
- Life Assurance (Worth 3 times your annual salary).
- 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays
- Career development opportunities - we are passionate about nurturing our talent!
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year.
Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believes there is still a key role for a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.careers.majestic.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and our French division.
Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
So If you want to be part of a dynamic, busy and fun Team, then apply today together with your up to date CV!
We look forward to receiving your application!
Together we are Majestic! #TWAM
On the occasions where we have high volumes of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date in order for us to manage all of the applicants appropriately. We will only be able to offer individual feedback to those candidates who attend an interview.