Warehouse Operative - Day Shift
Warehouse Operative - Day ShiftApply now
Are you a dynamic individual who wants to grow and develop in a company that's revolutionising retail?
Do you have experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic and agile environment?
We currently have exciting, flexible opportunities for Warehouse Operatives to join our growing Distribution team!
As a Warehouse Operative, you will be working at the heart of the business ensuring you supply our fellow colleagues with the stock they require to make us a successful team in the retail and online environment. Accuracy and meritocracy are key KPI’s, alongside good timekeeping qualities and a “can-do” attitude.
- To work effectively as a member of the Warehouse Distribution Team, through effective and appropriate communication.
- Accurately pick stock using our existing WMS via voice control.
- Preparing and packing items for despatch accurately, on time and in accordance with instructions.
- Ensure that warehouse, stock and equipment is kept clean and safe as per company Health and Safety procedures
- To use all equipment provided in a safe and correct manner, in accordance with Company procedures and safety rules.
- Ensure that all housekeeping requirements are being met.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job - Manual Handling
- Must be flexible and able to work 5 out of 7 shifts when required (including weekends)
- Team player with strong, consistent work ethic.
- Good organisational skills and a methodical approach to work
- Energy, enthusiasm, positive, commitment and a can-do flexible attitude
Who are we?
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year. Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believe there is still a key role of a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.majesticcareers.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and French division. Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
- A competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Up to 20% Staff Discount
- 21 Days Holiday per year and we also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Life assurance 3x your salary
- Contributory pension
- Free parking on site
- An unparalleled fun company culture that's focused on empowering and developing our employees
- Contract Type: 3 Months Fixed Term Contract with potential to go permanent
- Location: Hemel Gateway, A, Boundary Way, Hemel Hempstead Industrial Estate, Hemel Hempstead HP2 7GY
- Hours: You will be required to work the following shifts patterns; Mon - Fri (06:00am - 14:00pm) rotating onto (14:00pm- 22:00pm) the following week. Shift will have an AM/PM rotation with Sunday being (8:00am - 16:00pm)
We look forward to receiving your application!
Together we are Majestic! #TWAM
No Agencies Please - We thank you for your interest in working with Majestic Wine, however, we have a PSL who will be supporting us if needed. We will not pay fees or acknowledge any CV's supplied to Majestic Wine unless you have been briefed on the role by a member of our Talent Team.