Driver - Majestic Wine Muswell Hill 36 Hours per week
Driver - Majestic Wine Muswell Hill 36 Hours per weekApply now
Are you a friendly, vibrant, and hard working individual?
Do you have a passion for retail and delivering fantastic customer service?
Would you enjoy being part of a small, close-knit team who work together and have fun?
If you answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would love to hear from you!
Majestic Wine stands apart from other retailers due to our extensive range of quality wine, our approach to selling it and our expert people - Majestic's greatest asset! We offer wine tasting in store every day and the expertise of our teams ensure a strong customer focus. All these things come together to make us unique and give us the extra personal touch we’re so proud of.
Do you love how it feels to help customers discover new products that they will love? Majestic Wine is seeking to recruit a committed and passionate Driver to join our Muswell Hill team. Our people are our greatest asset, they deliver exceptional service and that’s why our customers keep coming back. We are passionate about helping people find the wine they’ll love and getting it delivered to them at their own convenience. Whether our customers are wine lovers or wine novices, our retail teams are there to help!
As a driver delivering products to our customers, you are at the forefront of delivering exceptional customer service. So whether it is making sure that deliveries are on time or supporting the retail teams on the shop floor, your role is crucial to the smooth running of our store.
Majestic also offers the very best opportunities and training; giving you the chance to immerse yourself into the wonderful world of wine. Our mission is to delight our customers with our fantastic products, no matter whether they are a connoisseur or a first-time buyer.
At Majestic Wine our Customers are at the heart of everything we do. In this role, you’ll be an ambassador for the store in which you work, supporting the team to deliver an outstanding shopping experience for every one of our customers. Therefore, we are looking for people who;
- Have a friendly, vibrant and engaging personal style
- Work in different paced store’s - no day is the same!
- Ensure Customers get the best shopping experience in-store
- Have the confidence to talk to our customers about the wine we sell
- Have a passion for engaging with customers and delivering a 5* customer experience and that our customers leave our store feeling valued and satisfied
- Will play your part in making sure the store looks fantastic and is a neat, safe and attractive place for our customers to shop in
- Can prioritise and be efficient with your time so you can spend more time with our customers finding wines they’ll love
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Will be happy to pick wine orders and jump in the van to deliver them if needed
- Wants to constantly improve your wine knowledge so you can share this with our customers (don’t worry, we will teach you everything you need to know)
- Have a positive can do attitude and are willing to muck in and be a real team player
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Able to give great, natural customer service by proactively smiling, greeting, acknowledging and helping customers.
- Works hard for customers, your team and your store.
- You are able to prioritise to ensure anything you do is right for our customers.
- Adaptable and resilient to meet the ever changing demands of our business.
- You are reliable and a good timekeeper.
- You must be smart and tidy at all times and work hard to keep our stores in a immaculate condition
- Hold a full UK/EU/EEA driving licence for at least 12 months with no more than 6 penalty points and must be over the age of 20 yrs old
- Proven working experience in Delivery Driver positions
- Basic understanding of customer service practices
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Customer service focus
- Friendly, helpful, confident and engaging personality
What’s in it for you
- Up to 20% staff discount
- The chance to become a Majestic Business Partner; run your showroom and team like it's your own business and reap the rewards!
- Fantastic incentives that take you around the world to explore our different vineyards
- Uniform provided
- A contributory Company Pension Plan
- Life Assurance (Worth 3 times your annual salary).
- 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays
- Career development opportunities - we are passionate about nurturing our talent!
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year.
Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believes there is still a key role for a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.careers.majestic.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and our French division.
Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
- Contract: Permanent, flexible
- Hours: 36 per week
So If you want to be part of a dynamic, busy and fun Team, then apply today together with your up to date CV!
We look forward to receiving your application! #ProudtobeMajestic
On the occasions where we have high volumes of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date in order for us to manage all of the applicants appropriately. We will only be able to offer individual feedback to those candidates who attend an interview.