Retail Stock Assistant - Bishop's Stortford
Retail Stock Assistant - Bishop's StortfordApply now
Are you a friendly, vibrant, and hard working individual?
Would you enjoy being part of a small, close-knit team who work together and have fun?
If you answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would love to hear from you!
Majestic Wine stands apart from other retailers due to our extensive range of quality wine, our approach to selling it and our expert people - Majestic's greatest asset! We offer wine tasting in store every day and the expertise of our teams ensure a strong customer focus. All these things come together to make us unique and give us the extra personal touch we’re so proud of.
As a Stock Assistant you will join the Bishop's Stortford team!
Whether you are looking for flexibility to suit your lifestyle or the opportunity to progress your career, this can be the role for you.
At Majestic Wine our Customers are at the heart of everything we do. In this role, you’ll be an ambassador for the store in which you work, supporting the team by maintaining an organised and well stocked stockroom and shopfloor. Therefore, we are looking for people who;
- Have strong organisational skills and common sense with the ability to problem solve challenges when putting away stock and organising the stockroom
- Have a friendly, vibrant and engaging personal style
- Will play your part in making sure the store looks fantastic and is a neat, safe and attractive place for our customers to shop in
- Can prioritise and be efficient with your time
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Will be happy to pick wine orders
- Have a positive can do attitude and are willing to muck in and be a real team player
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Adaptable and resilient to meet the ever changing demands of our business.
- You are reliable and a good timekeeper.
- You must be smart and tidy at all times and work hard to keep our stores in a immaculate condition
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Friendly, helpful, confident and engaging personality
- Previous retail experience is an advantage but not necessary as training will be provided
What is in it for you:
- Up to 20% staff discount
- Uniform provided
- An opportunity to learn more about wine and the wine industry
- A contributory Company Pension Plan
- Life Assurance (Worth 3 times your annual salary).
- Paid holiday
- Career development opportunities - we are passionate about nurturing our internal talent! This is a temporary role
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year.
Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believes there is still a key role for a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.careers.majestic.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and our French division.
Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
- Contract: 3 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT. Immediate start available
- Hours: 12 HOURS PER WEEK. Shift days and times are flexible to meet store and your personal needs, but it is expected that most working hours will be before store opening time (10am) 2 or 3 days a week.
So If you want to be part of a dynamic, busy and fun Team, then apply today together with your up to date CV!
We look forward to receiving your application! #ProudtobeMajestic
On the occasions where we have high volumes of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date in order for us to manage all of the applicants appropriately. We will only be able to offer individual feedback to those candidates who attend an interview.