Senior Marketing Manager (Retail, Commercial and Subscriptions)
Senior Marketing Manager (Retail, Commercial and Subscriptions)Apply now
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Marketing Manager to join the UK’s largest specialist wine retailer on a 12 Months FTC!
Do you have experience developing and implementing Customer Propositions and Marketing plans for the Retail Industry?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would be delighted to hear from you!
As Majestic Wine Senior Marketing Manager you will be responsible for the development and implementation of Customer Propositions and marketing plans for Majestic Retail, it’s Subscription products as well as Majestic Commercial
- Through various research and analytical techniques, develop an understanding of who is shopping with us, who is not and why
- Be a champion for our customers internally
- Lead and project manage the cross functional planning and development of customer propositions for our various customer groups
- Develop an engaging in store environment for our customers to help them discover and buy wines, beers and spirits
- Create and manage the advertising campaign proposition to increase consideration and market penetration
- Ensure that our Marketing communications and proposition drive new high value customers to shop with Majestic
- Work with the Customer Director to Create, maintain & communicate the Retail, Subscription and Commercial Customer marketing strategies & plans
- Work with the Head of Brand and Content to develop and deliver a content plan that engages customers
- Work with the Customer Director & CCO to create and deliver the marketing plan to grow the number of members in our Subscription business
- Working across functional Heads in the Customer team, campaign management of all activity (Direct Mail, flyers, postcards, price list brochures, website development, digital etc) from initial written brief, through to creative recommendations and sign-off.
- Project manage and deliver the POS into stores, working closely with our Print agency
- Project manage National, Regional and Local advertising campaigns
- Customer communications must all be delivered to the planned schedule and within agreed budgets
- Continuously drive new ideas and initiatives that grow sales, presenting how these might be implemented to achieve a return
Knowledge and Skills Required
- Strong commercial awareness and ability to effectively prioritise ideas and budget spend
- Strong experience in Marketing, strategy development and delivery
- Proven track record of working in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise confidently and effectively at all levels of the business
- Attention to detail must be second-to-none, execution is right first time
- Highly organised and self-motivated with an ability to prioritise effectively
- Innovative, Ideas-driven with the initiative to see these ideas through to fruition
- Demonstrate good copywriting skills and creative direction
- Comfortable working with customer research and data
- Ability to scrutinise data and results to measure marketing ROI
- Previous experience working in a multi-channel marketing role with excellent understanding of all marketing channels including ATL.
- Previous line management experience
- Previous experience managing marketing budgets.
Who are we?
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year. Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believe there is still a key role of a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.majesticcareers.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and French division. Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
- A competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Up to 20% Staff Discount
- 25 Days Holiday per year and we also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Life assurance 3x your salary
- Contributory pension
- Free parking on site
- An unparalleled fun company culture that's focused on empowering and developing our employees
Contract Type: 12 Months FTC
Location: Our Head Office is based in Watford, just 20 minutes from London Euston. From Watford Junction, we are a 15-minute walk to our Head Office
We are proud to offer a new Agile Working Policy for Support Centre colleagues; a blend of office and home working which will include a number of days working at the Majestic Office (post CV19 lockdown restrictions)
We look forward to receiving your application! Together we are Majestic! #TWAM
No Agencies Please - We thank you for your interest in working with Majestic Wine, however, we have a PSL who will be supporting us if needed. We will not pay fees or acknowledge any CV's supplied to Majestic Wine unless you have been briefed on the role by a member of our Talent Team.