Reach Truck Driver - Day Shift
Reach Truck Driver - Day ShiftApply now
Are you a dynamic individual who wants to grow and develop in a company that's revolutionising retail?
Do you have good organizational skills and a methodical approach to work?
Do you have FLT Reach experience and FLT Reach licence *Accredited qualification?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would be delighted to hear from you!
As a Reach Truck Driver, you will be working at the heart of the business ensuring you supply our fellow colleagues with the stock they require to make us a successful team in the retail and online environment. You’ll be an experienced FLT Reach Driver so you’ll know you need to be good at making decisions, have a good eye for detail and be able to work efficiently and get things done! You’ll pride yourself in being punctual and be confident in communicating to your team and managers.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- To work effectively as a member of the Warehouse Distribution Team, through effective and appropriate communication.
- Accurately pick stock using our existing WMS via voice control.
- Experienced FLT Reach Driver
- Preparing and packing items for despatch accurately, on time and in accordance with instructions.
- Ensure that warehouse, stock and equipment is kept clean and safe as per company Health and Safety procedures.
- Unload, receive, check, identify and put stock away into its appropriate location and moving of pallets on the warehouse mezzanine floor.
- To use all equipment provided in a safe and correct manner, in accordance with Company procedures and safety rules.
- Ensure that all housekeeping requirements are being met.
- Assisting with the unloading of vehicles and the checking in of stock
- Collecting items from throughout the warehouse, preparing and completing warehouse orders for delivery or pickup according to a schedule.
- Performing warehouse inventory controls
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Good organisational skills
- Being a self-starter with a high level of energy will help you excel in this job
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job - Manual Handling
- FLT Reach experience and FLT Reach licence *Accredited qualification
- Must be flexible and able to work 5 out of 7 shifts when required (including weekends)
- Team player with strong, consistent work ethic.
- Experience in Distribution or Logistics is an advantage.
- Keen eye for detail
- Good organizational skills and a methodical approach to work
- Energy, enthusiasm, positive, commitment and a can-do flexible attitude
- Practical knowledge and experience in an operational environment
- Quick and effective problem solver
- Work well under pressure and have the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Great sense of humour
Who are we?
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year.
Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believe there is still a key role a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.majesticcareers.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and French division.
Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- 20% discount on wine
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance 3x your salary
- Free parking on site
- Contributory pension
- An unparalleled fun company culture that's focused on empowering and developing our employees
Contract Type: 37.5 Hours a week - Monday to Friday (06:00am - 14:00pm) rotating onto (14:00pm- 22:00pm) the following week. Shift will have an AM/PM rotation with Sunday being (8:00am - 16:00pm)
Location: Hemel Gateway, A, Boundary Way, Hemel Hempstead Industrial Estate, Hemel Hempstead HP2 7GY.
We’re fast paced, we’re entrepreneurial, we’re creative, we’re dynamic, we’re energetic and we’d love to hear from you!
No Agencies Please - We thank you for your interest in working with Majestic Wine, however, we have a PSL who will be supporting us if needed. We will not pay fees or acknowledge any CV's supplied to Majestic Wine unless you have been briefed on the role by a member of our Talent Team.