Retail Store Manager - Birkdale (9 Month Maternity Cover)
Retail Store Manager - Birkdale (9 Month Maternity Cover)Apply now
Are you a dynamic individual with the ambition, drive and creativity to run a successful store in a company that's revolutionising retail?
Are you an engaging leader who's passionate about developing a small close-knit team?
Do you have experience working in a customer-facing role and are passionate about delivering excellent customer service?
If you answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would love to hear from you!
Majestic Wine stands apart from other retailers due to our extensive range of quality wine, our approach to selling it and our expert people - Majestic's greatest asset! We offer wine tasting in store every day and the expertise of our teams ensure a strong customer focus. All these things come together to make us unique and give us the extra personal touch we’re so proud of.
Do you love how it feels to help customers discover new products that they will love? As a Retail Store Manager, you will join the Birkdale team! You'll be driving GP growth in your store through market-leading customer service and leading your team with passion and energy!
Majestic is dedicated to delivering a customer experience that’s unlike any other - because you simply can’t taste wine online! It starts with you discovering customers’ needs. And with the support of your store team members, you match those needs with the right products.
Every day is an opportunity for you to convert another wine lover into a loyal Majestic customer through helping them to discover and buy wines they love!
At Majestic Wine our Customers are at the heart of everything we do. In this role, you’ll be an ambassador for the store in which you work, supporting the team to deliver an outstanding shopping experience for every one of our customers.
- Manage and motivate your team to increase sales and ensure efficiency in your store
- Ensure Customers get the best shopping experience in-store, delivering market-leading customer service at all times
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Overall management of your team, offering development and support to help them contribute to your store’s success.
- Ensure high standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Update colleagues on business performance, new initiatives and other pertinent issues
- Respond to all customer complaints and comments in a timely manner
- Sharing product knowledge with customers and with the store's team members
- Take full responsibility for the performance and day-to-day operations of your store
- Offering our customers a VIP service by proactively contacting them with our best deals
- Inspiring the team to do their best by being a role model and inspirational leader
- Completing commercially viable rotas
- Making sure items are on the shelves and displayed attractively and priced accurately
- Recruit, induct and train your new team members
- Monitor, manage and improve key performance indicators throughout your store
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Experience of leading and developing a team in a fast-paced, target-driven environment
- Have a track record of great team leadership, operational excellence, and delivering best in class customer service
- Excellent time-management, delegation and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to get stuck in, working alongside your team and getting the job done
- Excellent communication skills s
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ managerial experience in retail or hospitality industry
- Have knowledge of profit and loss statements and managing sales targets
- Wine knowledge is beneficial but not essential
- WSET Qualification is beneficial but not essential
- Hold a full UK/EU/EEA driving licence for at least 12 months with no more than 6 penalty points
What is in it for you:
- Up to 20% staff discount
- The chance to become a Majestic Business Partner; run your showroom and a team like it's your own business and reap the rewards!
- Fantastic incentives that take you around the world to explore our different vineyards
- Uniform provided
- A contributory Company Pension Plan
- Life Assurance (Worth 3 times your annual salary).
- 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays.
- PLUS invites to wine tasting events
- Career development opportunities - we are passionate about nurturing our internal talent!
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year.
Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believes there is still a key role for a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.careers.majestic.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and our French division.
Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
- Contract: Permanent
- Hours: Full Time
So If you want to be part of a dynamic, busy and fun Team, then apply today together with your up to date CV!
We look forward to receiving your application!
Together we are Majestic! #TWAM
On the occasions where we have high volumes of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date in order for us to manage all of the applicants appropriately. We will only be able to offer individual feedback to those candidates who attend an interview.