Retail Trainee Manager - Stafford
Retail Trainee Manager - StaffordApply now
Are you a dynamic individual who wants to grow and develop in a company that's revolutionising retail?
Are you a confident team player who would love the opportunity to step up into management?
Do you have experience working in hospitality or retail and are passionate about customer service?
If you answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would love to hear from you!
We are looking for a Trainee Manager to join us as we continue to grow our business through an exciting new venture. We believe that this success will come through our very own Majestic people and where best to start but right at the heart of our internal talent.
After opening five new stores over the pandemic, and two more opening this summer, we’re one of the few retailers in the country that are still growing their bricks and mortar business. We now need a fantastic new team to help us continue the physical retail growth.
Joining our new team will mean you’ll be leading the charge for experience based retail, you’ll be given the opportunity to develop and grow one of our new stores in a brand new location. It’s an incredible opportunity.
Stafford is a vibrant and historic cultural town in the north of the Midlands. Within the town is a thriving community of independent shops, eateries, bars, and the Riverside shopping and entertainment complex is just a stone’s throw from where our new site will be located. Further afield you’ll find Alton Towers theme park, thriving market towns, and countryside popular with tourists. Stafford is very accessible, being close to the M6 and with direct rail links to Birmingham, Manchester and London. Stafford is earmarked for major development in the coming years, aiming to increase the population and further improve rail links to London, so there is a real opportunity for retail growth here.
The new store sits at the heart of the town centre, just off one of the main roundabouts linking the main commuter routes. With such a highly visible position and proximity to the Friary retail park, we expect high rush-hour and weekend footfall.
Do you love how it feels to help customers discover new products that they will love? As a Trainee Manager, you will join the Stafford team! You'll be driving GP growth in your store through market-leading customer service and leading your team with passion and energy!
Majestic is dedicated to delivering a customer experience that’s unlike any other - because you simply can’t taste wine online! It starts with you discovering customers’ needs. And with the support of your store team members, you match those needs with the right products.
Every day is an opportunity for you to convert another wine lover into a loyal Majestic customer through helping them to discover and buy wines they love!
Whether you are looking for flexibility to suit your lifestyle or the opportunity to progress your career, this can be the role for you.
At Majestic Wine our Customers are at the heart of everything we do. In this role, you’ll be an ambassador for the store in which you work, supporting the team to deliver an outstanding shopping experience for every one of our customers. Therefore, we are looking for people who;
- Have a friendly, vibrant and engaging personal style
- Ensure Customers get the best shopping experience in-store
- Have the confidence to talk to our customers about the wine we sell
- Have a passion for engaging with customers and delivering a 5* customer experience and that our customers leave our store feeling valued and satisfied
- Will play your part in making sure the store looks fantastic and is a neat, safe and attractive place for our customers to shop in
- Can prioritise and be efficient with your time so you can spend more time with our customers finding wines they’ll love
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Will be happy to pick wine orders and jump in the van to deliver them if needed
- Wants to constantly improve your wine knowledge so you can share this with our customers (don’t worry, we will teach you everything you need to know)
- Have a positive can do attitude and are willing to muck in and be a real team player
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Have a positive can-do attitude and are willing to muck in and be a real team player
- Have a desire to learn more about wine and get our customers excited by our brilliant products
- You are able to prioritise to ensure anything you do is right for our customers.
- Adaptable and resilient to meet the ever-changing demands of our business.
- You are reliable and a good timekeeper
- You must be smart and tidy at all times and work hard to keep our stores in an immaculate condition
- A full UK/EU/EEA driving licence is preferred
- Proven working experience in the retail or hospitality industry
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Wine knowledge is beneficial but not essential
- Friendly, helpful, confident and engaging personality
What is in it for you:
- Staff discount
- The chance to become a Majestic Business Partner; run your showroom and team like it's your own business and reap the rewards!
- Fantastic incentives that take you around the world to explore our different vineyards
- Uniform provided
- A contributory Company Pension Plan
- Life Assurance (Worth 3 times your annual salary).
- 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays
- Career development opportunities - we are passionate about nurturing our talent!
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year.
Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believes there is still a key role for a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.careers.majestic.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and our French division.
Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
- Contract: Permanent
- Hours: 45
So If you want to be part of a dynamic, busy and fun Team, then apply today together with your up to date CV!
We look forward to receiving your application!
Together we are Majestic! #TWAM
On the occasions where we have high volumes of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date in order for us to manage all of the applicants appropriately. We will only be able to offer individual feedback to those candidates who attend an interview.