Warehouse Operative - Day Shift
Warehouse Operative - Day ShiftApply now
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract
Hours: You will be required to work the following shift patterns; Mon - Fri (06:00am - 14:00pm) rotating onto (14:00pm- 22:00pm) the following week. Shift will have an AM/PM rotation with Sunday being (8:00am - 16:00pm)
Are you a dynamic individual who wants to grow and develop in a company that's revolutionising retail?
Do you have experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic and agile environment?
We currently have exciting, flexible opportunities for Warehouse Operatives to join our growing Distribution team!
As a Warehouse Operative, you will be working at the heart of the business ensuring you supply our fellow colleagues with the stock they require to make us a successful team in the retail and online environment. Accuracy and meritocracy are key KPI’s, alongside good timekeeping qualities and a “can-do” attitude.
- To work effectively as a member of the Warehouse Distribution Team, through effective and appropriate communication.
- Accurately pick stock using our existing WMS via voice control.
- Preparing and packing items for despatch accurately, on time and in accordance with instructions.
- Ensure that warehouse, stock and equipment is kept clean and safe as per company Health and Safety procedures
- To use all equipment provided in a safe and correct manner, in accordance with Company procedures and safety rules.
- Ensure that all housekeeping requirements are being met.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job - Manual Handling
- Must be flexible and able to work 5 out of 7 shifts when required (including weekends)
- Team player with strong, consistent work ethic.
- Good organisational skills and a methodical approach to work
- Energy, enthusiasm, positive, commitment and a can-do flexible attitude
What's in it for you:
- Hourly Rate; Days £11.28 per Hour + there are additional overtime payments available on top
- Monthly Performance related bonus
- Safety Boots provided
- Up to 20% Staff Discount online and instore
- 29 Days inclusive of Bank and Public Holidays per annum
- Life assurance 3x your salary
- Company Contributory pension
- Free Hot drinks
- Foodie Friday: Free food provided by the company on the 3rd Friday of each month
- Free parking on site
- Fixed shift patterns so you know when you’re working
- An unparalleled fun company culture that's focused on empowering and developing our employees
- Access to Retail Trust which includes; Retail Rewards including Instant savings with discounted e-vouchers, discounted reloadable shopping cards, gift vouchers and gift cards, Discounts of up to 30%, Access to free counselling and support phone line
Who are we?
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year. Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believe there is still a key role of a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.majesticcareers.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and French division. Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Together we are Majestic! #TWAM
No Agencies Please - We thank you for your interest in working with Majestic Wine, however, we have a PSL who will be supporting us if needed. We will not pay fees or acknowledge any CV's supplied to Majestic Wine unless you have been briefed on the role by a member of our Talent Team.