Graduate Trainee Accountant
Graduate Trainee AccountantApply now
We have an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Trainee Accountant to join the UK’s largest specialist wine retailer!
If you have answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would be delighted to hear from you!
A trainee accountant within Majestic finance team, which will rotate experience within finance to include experience within Receivables team, Payables team and management accounting/commercial finance/treasury teams.
- Responsibilities will vary during the 3 years.
- 1st 2 years fully with in the receivables and payables teams, the “engine rooms” of any accounting department
- 3rd year as progress through studies & exams progresses opportunity to gain experience in one of the management accounting/Commercial finance of treasury teams
- At all times in a full actual role as part of the team in question with full responsibilities
- Sept 2022 candidate will start within the Accounts receivables team.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Strong academic background (2.1 or above in a numerical degree)
- A or B in A level Maths
- Intention to pursue formal accounting training with one of the institutes
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload.
- Keen eye for detail and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Good Excel skills
- Previous experience preferred
What's in it for you:
- A competitive salary
- Performance related bonus
- Up to 20% Staff Discount
- 21/25 Days Holiday per year and we also have a Holiday Purchase Scheme
- Life assurance 3x your salary
- Contributory pension
- Free parking on site
- An unparalleled fun company culture that's focused on empowering and developing our employees
Who are we?
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year. Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believe there is still a key role of a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.majesticcareers.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and French division. Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Location: Our Head Office is based in Watford, just 20 minutes from London Euston. From Watford Junction, we are a 15-minute walk to our Head Office
We look forward to receiving your application!
Together we are Majestic! #TWAM
No Agencies Please - We thank you for your interest in working with Majestic Wine, however, we have a PSL who will be supporting us if needed. We will not pay fees or acknowledge any CV's supplied to Majestic Wine unless you have been briefed on the role by a member of our Talent Team.