Assistant Payroll Manager
Assistant Payroll ManagerApply now
Do you have experience looking after the Payroll function for a growing organisation?
Do you have experience managing a team or keen to develop those leadership skills?
Do you have experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic and agile environment?
Would you like to work for a people centric business that values internal progression where you could be the head of in 18 months?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would be delighted to hear from you!
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced payroll professional to help drive efficiency within the payroll function to ensure the paying of all employees is done in a timely and accurate manner. But also, help support the head of payroll lead and develop a team to success.
Majestic is currently undergoing innovations and improvements in the payroll function. So while the head of department focuses on implementing change, this opens the door for the assistant payroll manager to support the managing, coaching and development of the wider team. So if you have line management experience or keen to develop these skills, this role could be the next step for you.
Who are we?
Majestic Wine PLC is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. The group is comprised of four operating companies which include Majestic Wine Warehouses, Naked Wine, Lay and Wheeler and Majestic Commercial.
Following the merger between Naked Wines and Majestic, Rowan Gormley (Founder of Naked Wines and Chief Executive of the enlarged group), has set the wheels in motion of transforming the business into a new kind of retailer – a retailer that is loved by customers, loved by suppliers and loved by shareholders.
We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment.
- Process monthly payroll to include joiners, leavers, salary changes, service awards, pensions, job and department changes, inter region transfers.
- Help support the payroll manager to lead the team to success.
- Ensured payroll deadlines are met and staff receive their correct salary payment monthly and p45s are processed for leavers.
- Accurate calculation and payment of company and statutory payments to include: salary, bonus, service award, sick and holiday pay, statutory sick, maternity, paternity, adoption and parental pay, starter and leaver adjustments, and any other manual payments as required.
- Ensure the payroll process and associated administration is carried out in accordance with the appropriate company policy and procedure.
- Manage and reconciled the year end payroll to include P60 and P11Ds, as required
- Apply current legislation to all payroll practices, Auto enrolment for pensions
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Minimum two year payroll experience
- Ability to work under pressure
- Reliability and honesty
- Ability to process basic functions and formulas in Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with payroll software a plus
- Strong attention to detail is required
- Excellent communication skills
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- 20% discount on wine
- Performance related bonus
- 10% Long-Term Incentive Plan
- Life assurance 3x your salary
- Private Medical Care
- Free lunch provided each day
- Free parking on site
- Contributory pension
- An unparalleled fun company culture that's focused on empowering and developing our employees.
If you are an experienced Payroll Manager looking to join a dynamic & forward thinking company, please do apply today!
No agencies please.