Retail Building Surveyor
Retail Building SurveyorApply now
Are you a Chartered Surveyor or working towards your Chartership?
Do you have 3 years experience working for either an occupier developer, consultancy or construction company?
Are you interested in working n a fast-paced, dynamic and agile environment?
Would you like to work for the UK’s largest specialist wine retailer?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would be delighted to hear from you!
Majestic Wine are looking to recruit a retail building surveyor to look after the management of key projects within their property portfolio.
Who are we?
Majestic Wine PLC is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. The group is comprised of four operating companies which include Majestic Wine Warehouses, Naked Wine, Lay and Wheeler and Majestic Commercial.
Following the merger between Naked Wines and Majestic, Rowan Gormley (Founder of Naked Wines and Chief Executive of the enlarged group), has set the wheels in motion of transforming the business into a new kind of retailer – a retailer that is loved by customers, loved by suppliers and loved by shareholders.
We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment.
It is exciting times for the property team as Majestic Wine's franchise light model continues to take shape, offering advancements and modifications, particularly to their "partner stores". This role will be responsible for key deliverables including property maintenance, disposal and acquisition, refurbishments and various capital projects.
The successful applicant will have a strong approach to statutory compliance with a breadth of knowledge to accompany a diverse portfolio.
As a project manager, you will plan, budget, oversee and document all aspects of projects assigned to you. Majestic prides itself in offering autonomy in on their roles and this is no different. You will be provided with autonomy to drive success in role while working closely with the wider property team and wider retail internal customers.
Experience in retail would be advantageous. and travel will be required.
Knowledge & Skills Required
- The Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of both refits and new store projects from inception to completion.
- Key Responsibilities
- Initial inspection, schedule of condition and measured survey of shop units.
- Obtaining all statutory consents including Building warrants, planning and advert approvals and Landlords approvals.
- Dealing with Consultants as required.
- Engaging Structural Engineers and reviewing details.
- Obtaining and reviewing tenders from individual Contractors.
- Applying for building services including electrical supplies, water, BT etc.
- Ensuring that works comply with all fire safety provisions.
- Placing orders for works and providing quantities for purchasing.
- Checking and co-ordinating drawings in conjunction with the team and external Contractors.
- Confirming and co-ordinating of the program of works with relevant contractors.
- Attending regular site meetings to review progress and ensure details and finishes are to the company standards and project drawings.
- Liaising with in house departments including Retail, IT, Range Planning and Health and Safety.
- Liaise with statutory authority representatives.
- Settlement of all final accounts.
- Obtain sign off of project from external and internal parties.
- Compile and issue O&M details and handover information to the relevant parties.
- In addition, the Project Manager is responsible for monitoring outstanding works/snagging items, to ensure their completion as well as any related administration in conjunction with the works when required.
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- 20% discount on wine
- Performance related bonus
- 10% Long-Term Incentive Plan
- Life assurance 3x your salary
- Private Medical Care
- Free lunch provided each day
- Free parking on site
- Contributory pension
- An unparalleled fun company culture that's focused on empowering and developing our employees. ??
No agencies please.