Business Development Manager - Majestic Commercial
Business Development Manager - Majestic CommercialApply now
Do you have a proven track record in sales, with the ability to hit targets individually and as a team?
Are you able to build strong relationships?
Are you an innovator who relentlessly strives to find new and better ways of operating?
Do you have a passion for the food and drink industry?
If you have answered yes, Majestic Commercial would be delighted to hear from you!
Majestic Commercial began in the basement of our Notting Hill Gate store in 1994, when we spotted an opportunity to sell wines directly to advertising agencies and media companies in London’s West End.
Since its humble beginnings Majestic Commercial has grown substantially and now operates nationwide offering an extensive product range to customers across the independent, owner managed on trade as well working with original key B2B partnerships. Now a business turning over circa £50million, it is a significant and key contributor to Majestic’s bottom line.
At Majestic Commercial, our aim is to help our customers to grow their businesses by generating more revenue through wine. We are in a unique position to do this, as we have unparalleled insight from 209 retail stores into the wines consumers love. Providing the “most wanted” wines at the right prices, our hyper-local delivery model means our customers will never be let down. Last but not least, we provide the training and expertise that give our customers’ teams the confidence to choose and recommend wines their own customers will love.
We are looking for two Business Development Managers to join our Commercial team! One will head up Business Development for the Business & Industry team and the other to lead Business Development for London On-Trade.
Our Key Purpose Statement
Commercial is Majestic’s best kept secret and it’s your role to tell as many people as possible!
The Business and Industry team are responsible for sales and account management to corporate businesses (i.e. those not classed as on-trade). This account base includes more than 30 verticals from car dealerships to care homes. The potential to expand this area of the business through a proactive sales approach is enormous - overall we estimate the size of the market for Commercial to be circa £2 bn.
The On-Trade team consists of 6 others, including both BDMs and KAMs, it is the mission of each team member to own their own part of the city. To understand the skin of the On-Trade, our customer, the consumers and our competitors.
The Role - BDM Business & Industry
Working collaboratively with a team of 3 Key Account Managers will be key to delivering on-target growth, both in terms of mining new opportunities from existing accounts and the effective fulfilment of new customers’ requirements.
Although this role does not come with direct line management responsibilities, the BDM will assist and mentor the B&I account management team in hitting their own new business targets.
Key Requirements - B&I
- Exceed targets for new business revenue, margin and profitability
- Inspire the account management team, working with them to grow existing revenue and spot potential for growth in the account base
- Generate leads across the key verticals and prioritise the prospects that will drive the greatest revenues. Fine tune the pitch according to this prioritisation and the requirements of your chosen target groups.
- Lead by example, winning key accounts and providing a benchmark for best practice in B&I Sales
- Manage an excellent handover from sales to account management, ensuring that the journey from prospect to a customer is managed smoothly and efficiently, fulfilling all our sales promises.
Organisational Context - B&I
The Business Development Manager for Business and Industry will not directly line-manage a team but will work with two key sets of internal stakeholders to grow revenue: account managers and national store teams.
This role reports to the Head of Corporate Business and Events in the Majestic Commercial team.
The Role - BDM London On-Trade
Working with a team of 6 others, including both BDMs and KAMs, it is the mission of each team member to own their own part of the city. To understand and get under the skin of On-Trade, our customers, the consumers and our competitors.
Key Requirements - On-Trade
- Exceed targets for new business revenue, margin and profitability
- Lead by example, winning key accounts and providing a benchmark for best practice.
- Thrive on making our customers wine lists more profitable.
- Manage an excellent handover from sales to account management, ensuring that the journey from prospect to customer is managed smoothly and efficiently, fulfilling all our sales promises.
- Innovation; be restless, always strive to find new and better ways of operating.
Organisational Context - On-Trade
This role reports to the Head of Sales for London On-Trade in the Majestic Commercial team.
Majestic Wine is a well-loved brand and for good reason; we stand apart from other retailers due to our extensive range of quality wine, our approach to selling it and our expert people. Majestic Commercial is no different and this expertise, the fantastic products we work with and the passion for the industry transcend into every area of the organisation. Our raison d’etre is to make our customers’ wine lists more profitable and drive value back into the industry.
How we do it
Through our team of expert Key Account Manager and Business Development Managers - Our people are our greatest asset. They deliver exceptional service to our commercial customers, have a consultative approach to their jobs and ensure long-term sustainable business relationships.
We give them some of the best training and development in the industry to further their passion, and they can’t wait to share it and explore the world of wine with our customers.
By delivering a speedy and exceptional experience - Our focus is on our flexible and speedy delivery from our 200+ retail stores across the UK, seven days a week. This sets us apart from our competition is an element of the package that our customers love.
By having the most diverse and interesting range - As the UK’s largest wine specialist, our range is unique, innovative and diverse, offering the best quality and value for our customers. We look for wines with real character, and stories behind them that excite our customers and our people.
Role Competencies and experience required:
- Proven track record in sales, with the ability to hit targets both personally and through a team.
- A ruthless appetite for winning new business.
- Take initiative: We are passionate about our business and are always seeking to do more, to add greater value in our relentless pursuit of excellence. We continually focus on performance and results and seek to go above and beyond what our stakeholders expect.
- Relationship Building: Developing productive and mutually beneficial relationships with business and agency partners.
- (BDM - Business & Industry) An understanding of the intricacies of the Corporate drinks market is a strong advantage though not essential.
- (BDM - London On-Trade) An understanding of the London on-trade, national and regional trends and the ability to interpret category sales data.
- A passion for the food and drink industry – essential!
- £30,000 - £45,000 base salary, £45,000 - £60,000 OTE
- 20% staff discount
- Life assurance x 3 salary
- Free shares/LTIP
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free wine
No agencies please.