Finance Manager (9 Month FTC)
Finance Manager (9 Month FTC)Apply now
Are you a Qualified Accountant with strong people management experience?
Do you have experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic and agile environment?
Would you like to play an instrumental role in springboarding our new financial system?
Would you like to work for the UK’s largest specialist wine retailer?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would be delighted to hear from you!
What are we looking for?
Majestic Wine are looking to recruit an analytical and experience finance manager for a 6-9 months ftc.
The Majestic Wine finance team is undertaking an innovative project to introduce a new financial system to drive efficiency within the team. This role will support the finance controller to drive high performance within the team.
Who are we?
Majestic Wine PLC is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. The group is comprised of four operating companies which include Majestic Wine Warehouses, Naked Wine, Lay and Wheeler and Majestic Commercial.
Following the merger between Naked Wines and Majestic, Rowan Gormley (Founder of Naked Wines and Chief Executive of the enlarged group), has set the wheels in motion of transforming the business into a new kind of retailer – a retailer that is loved by customers, loved by suppliers and loved by shareholders.
We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment.
This role is all about pace and accuracy ensuring we report accurate numbers to both the Retail and Group Boards as fast as possible enabling decision makers the time they need to make business critical decisions.
The Finance Manager will look after a team of 3 Management Accountants who are key to ensuring the company is safe and compliant by ensuring all balance sheet accounts are
reconciled monthly, taxes are paid and we complete all statutory and legal returns on time. Another aspect of the role is to deliver each store with monthly profit and loss accounts which is a key aspect of our newly launched Partners programme and store contribution model.
- Own Group reporting and ensure we hit Working day 5 deadline (Working Day 8 for Quarter
- Manage the store P+L process
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly
- Ensure we are hitting our Freshdesk targets and KPI’s
- Closely Business Partnering the rest of the business
- Supporting the Head of Financial reporting and Finance Director
- Supporting the payroll reporting process
- Ad Hoc queries
- Finance System Project Support
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Competencies/Experience Required
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Experience of managing a team
- Experienced Excel user
- Good understanding of UK GAAP and IFRS’s
- Team player with good interpersonal skills who is a strong communicator
- Intelligent Candidate who can problem solve
- Analytical thinker and a keen eye for accuracy and detail
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- 20% discount on wine
- Performance related bonus
- 10% Long-Term Incentive Plan
- Life assurance 3x your salary
- Private Medical Care
- Free lunch provided each day
- Free parking on site
- Contributory pension
- An unparalleled fun company culture that's focused on empowering and developing our employees.
No agencies please.