Christmas Retail Sales Assistant & Driver - Hereford
Christmas Retail Sales Assistant & Driver - HerefordApply now
Are you a friendly, vibrant and hard working individual?
Do you have a passion for retail and delivering fantastic customer service?
Would you enjoy being part of a small, close-knit team who work together and have fun?
If you answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would love to hear from you!
Majestic Wine are seeking to recruit a committed and enthusiastic Retail Sales Assistant/Driver to join our Hereford team this Christmas. Our people are our greatest asset; they deliver exceptional service and that’s why our customers keep coming back. We are passionate about helping people find the wine they’ll love. Whether our customers are wine lovers or wine novices, our retail teams are there to help! We offer the very best opportunities and training for our Sales Assistants. At Majestic, we offer you the chance to immerse yourself into the wonderful world of wine and to delight our customers with our fantastic products, no matter what their mission is when they come into one of our stores.
Who are Majestic?
Majestic Wine are the largest wine specialist in the UK with over 200 stores, as well as a very significant online presence and megastores in Calais, France. Following the merger between Naked Wines and Majestic, CEO Rowan Gormley has set the wheels in motion to transform the business into a new kind of retailer - a retailer that is loved by customers, loved by suppliers and loved by shareholders.
What are we looking for in a Retail Sales Assistant?
In this role, you’ll be an ambassador for the store in which you work, supporting the team to deliver an outstanding shopping experience for every one of our customers. Therefore, we are looking for people who:
Attributes of a Retail Sales Assistant:
- Have a friendly, vibrant and engaging personal style
- Have the confidence to talk to our customers about the wine we sell
- Know how to have fun and be happy to taste wine you have never come across before
- Have a passion about engaging with customers and delivering a 5* customer experience
- Will play your part in making sure the store looks fantastic and is a neat, safe and attractive place for our customers to shop in
- Can prioritise and be efficient with their time so you can spend more time with our customers finding wines they’ll love
- Will be happy to pick wine orders and jump in the van to deliver them if needed
- Have a positive can do attitude and are willing to muck in and be a real team player
Skills / Experience of a Retail Sales Assistant:
- Be over the age of 20 and have held a full UK driving license for at least 12 months
- 1 year or more prior experience in retail sales (Desirable, not essential)
- Strong communication skills
- Sound computer skills to be able to use our retail EPOS system
- Ability to regularly lift cases of wine weighing up to 18kg when merchandising in store or carrying customer purchases to their cars
The nice added extras...
- At least the Living Wage hourly pay rate as Majestic Wine is an accredited Living Wage Employer
- A 20% staff discount on everything in store
- Free lunch Fridays
- Requirements: We're looking for an assistant who is able to be flexible with working patterns over the Christmas period as the position will require evening and weekend work. Please note that this is a temporary role, commencing ideally early to mid November.
- Hours: To be discussed at interview.
If you are passionate about engaging with customers and want to work in a successful retail business who genuinely care about their people… please apply today!