Accounts Payable Clerk
Accounts Payable ClerkApply now
Are you a self-motivated and organised individual who enjoys finance administration?
Do you have excellent communication skills and a keen eye for detail?
Would you like to work for the UK’s largest specialist wine retailer?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would be delighted to hear from you!
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Accounts Payable Clerk to join our Majestic team. We are in a really exciting period of transition to transform the way we carry out Accounts Payable transactions with the upcoming implementation of our new till/EPOS and Sage Enterprise Management (X3) systems. Therefore, we are looking to recruit a proactive and dynamic individual that will help support our Accounts Payable team in forging strong relationships with our suppliers.
Who are we?
Majestic Wine PLC is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. The group is comprised of four operating companies which include Majestic Wine Warehouses, Naked Wine, Lay and Wheeler and Majestic Commercial.
Following the merger between Naked Wines and Majestic, Rowan Gormley (Founder of Naked Wines and Chief Executive of the enlarged group), has set the wheels in motion of transforming the business into a new kind of retailer – a retailer that is loved by customers, loved by suppliers and loved by shareholders.
We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment.
To ensure all our suppliers’ accounts are reconciled and paid on a timely basis.
- Ensure invoices are approved in accordance with company guidelines and coded correctly before input.
- Inputting of all invoices for the relevant part of the ledger.
- Preparation of the twice-monthly BACS/cheques payments for suppliers.
- Liaise with suppliers and resolve invoice queries/issues.
- Deal with our UK Sterling stock suppliers queries through the relevant channels.
- Additional admin duties such as dealing with incoming post/email.
- Complete supplier statement reconciliations as appropriate.
- Scan and index supplier invoices.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Previous AP Ledger experience.
- Dealing with high volume of data entry.
- Good organisational skills and ability to prioritise workload.
- Keen eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- 20% discount on wine
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance 3x your salary
- Free lunch provided each day
- Free parking on site
- Contributory pension
- An unparalleled fun company culture that's focused on empowering and developing our employees.
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Interview Date: w/c 12th November 2018
- Location: Our Head Office is based in Watford, just 20 minutes from London Euston. From Watford Junction, we are a 15-minute walk to our Head Office. Taxi's are provided to the station.
If you are an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk looking to join a dynamic & forward thinking company, please do apply today!
No agencies please.