Health and Safety Manager (Maternity Cover)
Health and Safety Manager (Maternity Cover)Apply now
Are you a qualified Health and Safety Manager?
Are you NEBOSH or NVQ qualified?
Would you like to work for the UK’s largest specialist wine retailer?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would be delighted to hear from you!
We are currently looking to recruit a pro-active, detail oriented and experienced H&S Manager for a maternity cover contract to join our dynamic forward-thinking team. We are looking for someone who enjoys taking ownership of innovative projects and has experience building, looking after the health and safety of our teams in store.
Who are we?
Majestic Wine PLC is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. The group is comprised of four operating companies which include Majestic Wine Warehouses, Naked Wine, Lay and Wheeler and Majestic Commercial.
Following the merger between Naked Wines and Majestic, Rowan Gormley (Founder of Naked Wines and Chief Executive of the enlarged group), has set the wheels in motion of transforming the business into a new kind of retailer – a retailer that is loved by customers, loved by suppliers and loved by shareholders.
We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment.
As Health and Safety Manager (Maternity Cover) you will be responsible for maintaining suitable systems for the management, monitoring and review of health and safety for Majestic Wine, Naked Wine and Lay and Wheeler. You will also take responsibility of our Warehouse (Kings Cross) and Hemel Hempstead DC. As such, this is a great opportunity to take ownership of the health and safety procedures and policies and have a wide remit across the entire estate.
• Advise the company Directors and Employees of changes to any legislation relevant to the business
• Monitor health and safety policy and arrangements and advise management of actions to maintain effectiveness.
• Provide health and safety advice and information to management and employees.
• Monitor health and safety performance and report improvement options
• Ensure emergency arrangements are in place and reviewed.
• Promote high standards of health, safety and occupational hygiene.
• Advise of hazards when considering introduction of new equipment, materials, processes or changes to refits of locations.
• Monitor health and safety induction for new employees through the companies health and safety training program.
• Advise on health and safety training needs and suitable programs through training matrix
• Ensure that all Majestic wine premises carry out the necessary fire risk assessment reviews
• Carry out routine workplace inspections as required and safety meetings when necessary
• Implement the requirements of the policy and procedures and communicating through the companies intranet
• Conduct Safety Awareness during the course of the year through newsletters and/or through online awareness sessions
• Create, implement and review Health and Safety Training
Qualifications - NEBOSH National Certificate or NVQ. Diploma would be preferable
Minimum of 3 years previous experience in a Health and Safety background.
Being self-motivated and able to take initiative.
Self–reliant, independent and able to multi-task and prioritise.
Empathetic and flexible in style – able to accommodate differing styles and attitudes.
Whilst able to work on own initiative, also a good team player, with confidence in own abilities but sensitive of their impact on others.
You will be energetic, keen to succeed with good interpersonal skills.
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- 20% discount on wine
- Company Car
- Free lunch provided each day
- Free parking on site
- An unparalleled fun company culture that's focused on empowering and developing our employees.
- Contract Type: 6-9 month FTC
- Location:? Our Head Office is based in Watford, just 20 minutes from London Euston. From Watford Junction, we are a 15-minute walk to our Head Office. Taxi's are provided to the station.
No agencies please.