Senior Product Analyst - London
Senior Product Analyst - LondonApply now
Are you an experienced data analyst that is confident analysing large datasets and providing actionable insights?
Are you fluent in SQL and have a deep understanding of statistical analysis and experiment design?
Would you like the opportunity to work for an award-winning innovative online wine business?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Naked Wines would be delighted to hear from you!
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Analyst to join our successful UK team. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious and driven person looking to develop their career with an award-winning innovative online wine business that puts their people first!
The Data and Analytics team provides broad analytical leadership and support at Nakedwines.com. Under this general directive, the Senior Analyst serves two primary functions: supporting strategic and operational initiatives by responding to analytical requests as well as independently identifying opportunities across the business. The Senior Analyst is expected to operate with a moderate degree of independence and provide analytical leadership across the organization.
If you’re passionate about leveraging data to drive business and product decisions, we want to hear from you!
Who are we?
Naked Wines is an online wine retailer founded by Rowan Gormley which launched 10 years ago and has grown to a community of over 300,000 Angel customers. Through our unique crowdfunding model, these customers support more than 140 winemakers around the world to create luxury wines at a price that makes them an everyday pleasure.
Naked Wines was named the Online Business of the Year at the National Business Awards in 2011. In December 2013 it was named one of the top 1000 companies to inspire Britain by the London Stock Exchange Group, winning the 'Top Online Retailer' award. On 10 April 2015, Naked Wines was acquired by Majestic Wine and Rowan Gormley was appointed CEO of the enlarged group.
The Naked ethos is simple… we believe that happy staff = happy customers. So, we have made it our mission to create an environment and culture that inspires and empowers our staff. Employee happiness and wellbeing is at the heart of everything we do and we believe that to achieve the best, you have to have the right culture.
Want to know more about our company culture? Please visit: https://www.nakedwines.com/content/about/work-with-us
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support strategic initiatives by leading analysis and presenting results
- Aid business operations by compiling data sets and building reports and dashboards
- Independently identify business opportunities through exploratory data analysis
- Champion rigorous analysis and data-driven decision making
- Manage competing priorities across several stakeholders and business units
- Mentor and coach junior analysts across the business
- Ongoing professional development: learning, training, and general development
- Other tasks assigned by management
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative discipline or business management. Education can be substituted with equivalent work experience and/or non-degree study.
- 3 to 5 years real-world experience as a data analyst. Experience can be partially offset through work experience, education, and/or non-degree training.
- High proficiency in exploratory data processing, analysis, and visualization
- Intermediate Excel skills: pivot tables, data tables, and lookups
- Basic SQL skills: simple queries, joins, and filtering
- Exposure to an analytical scripting language such as R, Python, SAS, VBA, etc.
- Grasp of fundamental statistics: hypothesis testing, univariate and multivariate analysis, regression analysis, survival analysis.
- Master's or professional degree in a quantitative discipline or business management
- Background in data science, business intelligence, or management consulting
- Intermediate SQL skills: subqueries, complex joins, advanced filtering
- Proficiency in R or Python, especially pre-processing and feature engineering
- Experience with Tableau, Qlik, Spotfire, or similar dashboard software
- Experience supporting a subscription business: CLV modeling and churn analysis
- Real-world experience with above statistical competencies
- Familiarity with machine learning concepts and algorithms
- Passion for, and ability to, transform raw data into actionable insights
- Independent, self-starter mentality, comfortable with ambiguity
- Motivated by being challenged and learning by doing
- Business Acumen: Ability to connect interesting insights to the bottom line
- Communication skills: Ability to convey complex ideas to different audiences
- Integrity: Admits to mistakes, learns from them, and moves on
- Humility: Knowing when to ask for help and guidance
- Ability to navigate complex business environments and relationships
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- 25 days off, plus your birthday (as long as you bring in cake)
- Performance related bonus
- A regular wine allowance
- Contributory pension
- Free breakfast / Free food Fridays
- To be part of a fantastic company culture with free rides on the office slide down to the bar, ping pong and pool table!
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Location: Dependent on your location, we have an option to work out of our Head Offices in Norwich or in our Central London Office based in Shoreditch
- Start Date: January / February
If you are an experienced Product Analyst looking for your next challenge in a successful growing company. Please do apply today!
*We reserve the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the advert deadline date*