Retail Assistant Manager - Horsham
Retail Assistant Manager - HorshamApply now
Are you a dynamic individual who wants to grow in a company that actively supports your development?
Do you want to play a key part in motivating and developing a high performing team?
Do you have experience working in hospitality or retail and are passionate about customer service?
If you answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would love to hear from you!
Majestic Wine are seeking to recruit a vibrant, people focused Retail Assistant Manager for our thriving Horsham store who’s excited about developing a career in retail. Gone are the days where retail has to be boring and buying wine is a stuffy industry just for the rich and famous! Majestic Wine is all about customer experience and what better way to engage with customers than opening a bottle at our tasting counter? We need someone who is full of energy, good at building relationships and can provide our customers with super service.
We are looking for a real team player who isn’t afraid to roll their sleeves up and lead by example. We want someone who takes pride in engaging, motivating and developing a high performing team and can see the value in doing their best, so together, the whole team succeeds.
Who are Majestic?
We want Majestic Wine to be the place people think about when they want to buy wine. People aren’t interested in what you do, but why you do it…
Majestic Wine are the largest wine specialist in the UK with over 200 stores, as well as a very significant online presence and megastores in Calais, France. Following the merger between Naked Wines and Majestic, CEO Rowan Gormley has set the wheels in motion to transform the business into a new kind of retailer - a retailer that is loved by customers, loved by suppliers and loved by shareholders.
Why work for Majestic?
- Free WSET Qualifications - All our staff receive free product training. So you don't have to have product knowledge, but definitely a hunger to learn all about wine!
- A Dynamic Culture - You’ll have the chance to work in an exciting, busy environment with a culture that genuinely rewards hard work
- Corking Colleagues - Work within a team who are passionate about wine, providing excellent customer service and most importantly fun to be around!
With the help of our fantastic Training and Development team, we have a clear career pathway for everyone in Retail. You bring the dedication and commitment to succeed, we’ll fill in the blanks in your wine knowledge, and with the right training and development, within 12 months (or sooner) you could be running your very own Majestic Wine business as a Store Manager.
The nice added extras...
- A 20% staff discount on everything in store, which you can share with two of your family or friends
- Store bonus schemes, so you can earn more on top of your salary
- The potential to become a Majestic Business Partner, earning a salary of up to fifty thousand pounds OTE
- Fantastic incentives that take you around the world to explore our different vineyards
- Free shares, so you can share in the success of the business
- A contributory Company Pension Plan
- Life Assurance (Worth 3 times your annual salary).
- 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays.
- PLUS invites to wine tasting events
- PLUS free lunch Fridays (if you hit your weekly targets!)
The Retail Assistant Manager Role:
- Enjoy drinking wine and have a desire to increase your wine knowledge
- Have some experience in a team leader/supervisor position within retail, hospitality or a similar customer-focused industry
- Be over 20 years old and hold a valid manual driving license for at least 12 months
Key Responsibilities of a Retail Assistant Manager:
- Working as the right-hand person to the Store Manager
- Managing the training & development of your team - using your experience to make Trainee Managers / Sales Assistants be the best they can be and keeping them on top of their game
- Stock Control - ensuring the shelves are fully stocked with the best wine for your customers
- Visual Merchandising - keeping the store looking great and attractive to customers
- Customer Service - delivering and facilitating a 5* customer service experience
- Leading from the front - using great coaching and management skills to develop your team
- Be a Wine Specialist - help our customers discover and buy wines they’ll absolutely love
If you are passionate about growing and developing as a Retail Assistant Manager in a successful business who genuinely care about their people… please do apply for Horsham today!
* Majestic Wine reserves the right to shortlist and appoint suitable candidates before the advert deadline date *