Head of Business Intelligence
Head of Business IntelligenceApply now
Naked are looking for a new Head of Business Intelligence....
Are you an experienced data analyst who has led and managed a team?
Would you like the opportunity to work for an award-winning innovative online wine business?
Are you an expert in SQL?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Naked Wines would be delighted to hear from you!
Who are we?
Naked Wines is an online wine retailer founded by Rowan Gormley which launched 10 years ago. Naked Wines is a community of over 300,000 Angel customers. Through our unique crowdfunding model, these customers support more than 140 winemakers around the world to create luxury wines at a price that makes them an everyday pleasure.
Naked Wines was named the Online Business of the Year at the National Business Awards in 2011. In December 2013 it was named one of the top 1000 companies to inspire Britain by the London Stock Exchange Group, winning the 'Top Online Retailer' award.
On 10 April 2015, Naked Wines was acquired by Majestic Wine and Rowan Gormley was appointed CEO of the enlarged group.
The Head of Business Intelligence works across both Naked and Majestic Wines and is responsible for producing actionable, insightful reports and analysis for the wider business to consume. As head of business intelligence, you will be responsible for leading a team to enable the building of tools and reports that drive better decision making and insights that set the direction of the company. You will be both a strong individual contributor and a strong team leader who drives impact through both your own efforts and the mentoring and planning of a wider team.
Ultimately, what we are looking for is an experienced analyst who is passionate about driving innovation and efficiencies within a business that will drive growth.
- Produce detailed user-ready reporting for the wider business, using SQL data queries and Tableau BI software.
- Work with data warehouse team to effectively specify the underlying data structure and queries to support our reporting.
- Define business-wide metrics that are consistent, robust and effective.
- Prioritise what information the business needs to consume in order to meet their objectives.
- Liaise with business stakeholders to design reports that effectively solve their business problem, acting as a central ‘product’ team of business reporting.
- Line manage and prioritise the workload of 2 junior analysts
- Act as a source of best-practice and standards for the wider Majestic Group analyst community, driving collaboration and information sharing.
Knowledge and Experience:
- An experienced data analyst with a track record of providing actionable insight that has delivered significant results for a business historically.
- Experience managing and leading a team of data analysts to success
- Expert in SQL data queries
- Expert in Tableau data presentation
- An ability to go beyond the numbers. Not only can build reporting tools but can create insight-driven arguments to drive the success of the business
- Strong Excel data analysis and modelling skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment ideally for a consumer internet business
- Detailed understanding of data warehouse architecture and query optimisation.
- Previous experience of working across companies preferably internationally
- Grounding in Machine Learning principles and how they can be applied in practical robust ways.
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- Performance related bonus
- A regular wine allowance + discount for friends and family
- Contributory pension
- LTIP (Long term incentive plan)
- Private Medical
- Life assurance - 3x salary
- Free parking on site
- Free lunches
- Watford - 20 mins from London Euston