People Partner / HR Advisor
People Partner / HR AdvisorApply now
Are you an experienced HR Professional who has expert knowledge in ER Issues?
Are you a personable individual who is good at coaching and influencing individuals at all levels?
Do you enjoy delivering improvements and would like to make a tangible difference to Majestic’s future?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would be delighted to hear from you!
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and dynamic People Partner/HR Advisor to join our Majestic Wine People Team. We are in an exciting period of transition and therefore we are looking for someone who can use their experience and skills to make a tangible difference to Majestic’s future, helping to shape the people strategy for the business.
We are looking for someone to join our team on a 1-year Fixed Term Contract to provide our retail stores with HR support on all ER issues. The successful candidate will build strong relationships with our Regional Coaches and Store Managers to support them in making the right decisions and ensuring they can successfully manage their own people on every level.
Who are we?
Majestic Wine PLC is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. The group is comprised of four operating companies which include Majestic Wine Warehouses, Naked Wine, Lay and Wheeler and Majestic Commercial.
Following the merger between Naked Wines and Majestic, Rowan Gormley (Founder of Naked Wines and Chief Executive of the enlarged group), has set the wheels in motion of transforming the business into a new kind of retailer – a retailer that is loved by customers, loved by suppliers and loved by shareholders.
We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment.
Keen to take a look at what it's like to work at our Support Centre, click here.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Drive a higher performance culture by supporting and advising Regional Coaches with ER issues within Majestic Wine retail stores
- Driving high levels of employee engagement
- Support Regional coaches with annual succession planning for key roles across Majestic Wine
- Maintaining a suite of company HR policies to be relevant and accessible
- Key contributor and influencer in the development and delivery of our People strategy
- Accountable for creating an environment in which managers across the business can be empowered to be self-sufficient for ER issues
Experience and Skills Required:
- A minimum of 3 years HR/ER experience
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment (ideally within retail)
- CIPD or similar qualification (highly desirable)
- Strong experience managing, coaching and influencing key stakeholders
- Articulate with excellent organisational, project management and written communication skills
Key attributes of the successful person:
- Commercial acumen: you’ll need to understand the company’s KPIs and our focus on growth, and always be able to relate the plan back to the strategic and commercial objectives
- Empathetic: you’ll need to be able to balance commercially astute decisions with warmth, compassion and integrity; you’ll need to make sure tough decisions are followed through in a fair, consistent and human way.
- Communication: this role is involved across multiple functions and multiple projects with multiple stakeholders, so you must be able to communicate articulately and effectively.
- Influencing: Working with Regional Coaches to advise and support in difficult scenarios. Communicating insights in a compelling way, so that it is easy for our stakeholders to leverage them for improved decision-making.
- Process-driven: you’ll need to understand how well thought out and disciplined processes can protect the business from risk and increase colleagues’ productivity.
- Proactive and Innovative: you’ll always be looking for ways to improve, and unafraid to highlight issues where they are material. Identify and develop innovative ways to develop our People strategy and improve efficiencies.
- Attention to Detail: you’ll ensure that nothing is overlooked and that every detail is double checked as a matter of routine diligence
- Build Alignment: We create alignment and integration by working with others, involving them at the right level throughout the process, to achieve clear decisions that can be executed quickly. We understand the potential tensions there can be between the Commercial functions but work to mitigate these at all times.
- Brilliant Activation & Execution: Plan, develop and deliver inspiring, integrated and impactful communication and activation that bring the brands to life and deliver growth targets.
- Salary: £30-£35k
- 20% discount on wine for you and two friends/family members
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance 3x your salary
- Free lunch provided each day
- Free parking on site
- Smart/Casual Dress Code (we're not corporate)
- An unparalleled fun company culture that's focused on empowering and developing our employees.
- Contract Type: 1 year FTC
- Location: Our Head Office is based in Watford, just 20 minutes from London Euston. From Watford Junction, we are a 15-minute walk to our Head Office. Taxi's are provided to the station.