Business Development Manager - London On-Trade
Business Development Manager - London On-TradeApply now
Majestic Commercial are looking for a BDM to drive sales growth in the London On-trade.....
Do you have previous sales experience within the wine industry?
Do you have an understanding of the London on trade?
If so, we would love to hear from you?
Majestic Commercial are looking to recruit a driven, ambitious, sales professional to drive sales growth in central London on trade. With Commercial's unique proposition, this is a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring sales professional to not only add significant value to a growing business but also to influence the strategy of this agile and dynamic company.
Majestic Commercial is the b2b arm of the UK's number one Wine Specialist Retailer. It operates nationwide offering an extensive product range to customers across the independent, owner-managed on trade as well working with original key B2B partnerships. Now a business turning over circa £50 million, it is a significant and key contributor to Majestic’s bottom line.
At Majestic Wine we have always focused on putting the customer at the very forefront of what we do. Within Commercial, this is no different and the success of this unique business is attributed to its key point of difference; the fast and flexible fulfilment we provide via our direct delivery from over 200 Majestic Warehouse stores across the UK. Indeed 85% of wine orders are fulfilled within 10 miles from the end user.
We pride ourselves on the quality, reliability and consistency of our service, delivered with enthusiasm and creativity, as well as detailed product and market knowledge.
This is an entrepreneurial business. Unlike many drinks organisations, there is a huge amount of autonomy in this role allowing you freedom to seek out unique opportunities for sales growth.
While having wine knowledge is a key element of the role, the right attitude towards building new relationships with customers to drive long-term sales growth is going to bring you success in this role.
- Drive annual sales and margin targets
- Drive new business targets, to fuel the growth of Commercial
- Build product listings, conduct list reviews, decide on pricing and maintain margin
- Oversee successful end to end service and beverage supply
- Work with operations to ensure deliveries are fulfilled correctly
- Meet accounts’ contractual obligations such as quarterly reviews, spend analysis
- Meet sales targets set for existing account base
- Conduct new business activity to generate leads and new accounts in your sectors
- Innovation: Identify, develop and deliver insight-driven innovation opportunities across all parts of the marketing mix, in order to drive portfolio and brand growth.
- Be open: This underpins everything that we do. We add value by looking to the greater good. We show humility and express positive expectations of others.
- Build alignment: We create alignment and integration by working with others, involving them at the right level throughout the process, to achieve clear decisions that can be executed quickly. We understand the potential tensions there can be between the Commercial functions but work to mitigate these at all times.
- Take initiative: We are passionate about our business and are always seeking to do more, to add greater value to our relentless pursuit of excellence. We continually focus on performance and results and seek to go above and beyond what our stakeholders expect.
- Relationship Building: Developing productive and mutually beneficial relationships with business and agency partners).
- Communication and Influencing: Communicating insights in a compelling way, so that it is easy for our business partners to leverage them for improved decision-making.
- Brand Positioning & Renovation: Clearly articulate brand vision, positioning, renovation and equity development to profitably grow the brand.
- Brilliant Activation & Execution: Plan, develop and deliver inspiring, integrated and impactful communication and activation at point of purchase that brings the brand to life and delivers the brand growth targets
- Competitive salary
- Competitive bonus structure
- 20% staff discount
- Life assurance x 3 salary
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free wine
- Contributory pension
If you'd like the opportunity to progress your career and join our growing Commercial business, please apply!
No agencies please.