Planning AnalystApply now
Are you an analytical individual who enjoys finding solutions to optimise and improve both strategies and processes?
Would you enjoy leveraging your analytical skills to drive real insight that will make a tangible difference to the performance and proposition of a business?
Do you have an understanding of retail pricing and want to be an integral part of the UK's leading wine company?
Would you enjoy working for an innovative and forward-thinking company that's revolutionising retail and embraces a 'test and learn' culture?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would be delighted to hear from you!
Majestic Wine have an exciting opportunity for a Planning Analyst to join our team at the beginning of an exciting transformation. The product and value offering that we present through our evolving online, store and subscription models are all key parts to Naked/Majestic’s growth ambitions over the next three years, and there is a fantastic opportunity to be part of shaping of our proposition in these areas.
Range and category planning - while not a new area of the business - is an area where we have historically been under-resourced. Bringing greater reporting and insight and improved processes could potentially deliver huge gains if managed by a proactive, enthusiastic individual.
This role will sit within the Range Planning team, in the Buying and Merchandising department. There is a high degree of collaboration required with the Buyers, the Supply Chain team, and the Customer team to ensure that we are able to deliver a fantastic proposition for our customers.
Who are we?
Majestic Wine are the largest wine specialist in the UK with over 200 stores, as well as a very significant online presence and megastores in Calais, France. Following the merger between Naked Wines and Majestic, CEO Rowan Gormley has set the wheels in motion to transform the business into a new kind of retailer - we want to be the definition of experiential retail, a retailer that is truly loved by it's customers. Our vision is to prove the value of face to face wine retail because, as far as we’re aware, you cannot taste wine online.
Retail is in a period of change and you’re joining a company which has set out a long term vision to be at the forefront of those changes! Majestic is a forward-thinking business, one in which we are revolutionising the way people experience and buy wine and it is an incredibly exciting time for the business and for real go-getters to be part of an amazing opportunity to be a part of something truly unique.
For more information on our transition please click here.
Keen to take a look at what it's like to work at our Support Centre, click here.
We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment.
Across all ranges and channels, a Planning Analyst is responsible for:
- Creating and running value-adding weekly and periodic reporting (using both internal and market data) to highlight trading opportunities and risks, and to aid the Buying Director, Head of Range and Planning and buyers in their decision making
- Creating ad hoc reports to help the Buying Director, Head of Range and Planning and buyers in identifying and quantifying opportunities
- Range management: maintaining our range data and systems, including keeping product coding up to date, maintaining our master range tracker, ensuring that buyers have bought the number of products they said they would, etc.
- Managing new line and delist flight paths and reduce to clear process
- Monitoring competitor pricing and making price changes in line with agreed policy
- Managing the pricing and ranging strategy, price changes, promotional programme and range changes for our 2 Calais stores
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Strong analytical ability - An existing strength in data manipulation and insight creation. Must be highly competent in Excel and either competent in or willing to learn SQL.
- Wine Basics - A basic understanding of (and interest in!) the wine market is a plus. In particular the different geographies, grape varietals and styles which influence customer purchasing decisions.
- Retail Pricing Basics - An understanding of retail pricing - sell prices, supplier funding, GP, margin, foreign exchange rates - and the ability to calculate all of the above given the required inputs
- Communication - Clear and concise communication - in particular, the ability to simplify requirements so that all parties are able to understand and deliver against them
- Stakeholder Relationship Management - This role interacts with several departments on a day-to-day basis and needs to be adept at maintaining a positive relationship with all teams, even under potentially fast-paced or challenging circumstances
- Project Management - We are also looking for a safe pair of hands - someone who ensures that tasks are completed on time without being chased or reminded, and proactively highlights potential problems in advance
- Treating the Cause, Not Managing the Symptoms - We are evolving at pace and need to bring our thinking and practices along with it. The ability to spot an underlying problem / opportunity and proactively drive change (not just respond by dealing with each issue as it comes) is essential to success in the role
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- 20% discount on wine
- Performance related bonus
- 10% Long-Term Incentive Plan
- Life assurance 3x your salary
- Free lunch provided each day
- Free parking on site
- Contributory pension
- An unparalleled fun company culture that's focused on empowering and developing our employees.
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Location: Our Head Office is based in Watford, just 20 minutes from London Euston. From Watford Junction, we are a 15-minute walk to our Head Office.Taxies are provided to the station.
If you are an experienced Planning Analyst looking to join a dynamic & forward thinking company, please do apply today!
No agencies please.