Head of Global Business Intelligence
Head of Global Business IntelligenceApply now
Do you have experience in a senior business intelligence role?
Do you have strong commercial and business insight skills?
Are you an expert in Excel data analysis and modelling?
Would you like to drive impact and insight via data across all the Naked Wines brand?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Naked Wines would be delighted to hear from you!
The Head of Global Business Intelligence works across the Naked Wines Group driving performance and producing actionable, insightful reports and analysis for the wider business to consume. This role will lead a team responsible for building the tools and reports that drive better decision making and insights that set the direction of the company.
To succeed in the role, you will be a strong team manager with a vision of how to succeed and the experience and acumen to make it happen. You will effect change by being a strong mentor and manager of your own direct team but also a leader for analyst teams across the business and an influential executive among the global leadership team.
The Group Business Intelligence team is a small central team, currently based in Watford UK. It drives impact and insight via data across all the Naked Wines brands (Majestic Retail and Commercial in the UK, Naked Wines in UK, Australia and USA). It sits within the Group Commercial Finance function and works closely with the senior leaders of the company via its own junior analysts and a wider network of analysts.
Who are we?
Naked Wines is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. The group is comprised of four operating companies which include Naked Wines (operating in 3 countries internationally), Majestic Wine Warehouses, Lay and Wheeler and Majestic Commercial.
Following the merger between Naked Wines and Majestic, Rowan Gormley (Founder of Naked Wines and Chief Executive of the enlarged group), has set the wheels in motion of transforming the business into a new kind of retailer – a retailer that is loved by customers, loved by suppliers and loved by shareholders.
We pride ourselves on our entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment.
Naked Wines stands apart from other retailers due to our deep relationships with independent winemakers, extensive range of quality wine, our approach to selling it and our expert people. All these things come together to make us unique and give us the extra personal touch we’re so proud of.
- Drive group-wide reporting agenda. Ensure we understand the whys of performance
- Measurement of the global testing programme as implemented by product, marketing, customer improvement etc. to ensure that we are clear on what value is added and how.
- Define business-wide metrics that are consistent, robust and effective.
- Manage and prioritise a global ticket queue of BI and reporting requests from business stakeholders to ensure that the information the business needs to consume is available.
- Produce detailed user-ready reporting for the wider business, using SQL data queries and Tableau BI software.
- Work with data warehouse team to effectively specify the underlying data structure to support our reporting and analysis.
- Line manage and prioritise the workload of 3 junior analysts
- Act as a source of best-practice and standards for the wider Majestic Group analyst community, driving collaboration and information sharing.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong commercial and business insight skills with a track record of success
- An experienced executive, able to make things happen.
- Expert in SQL data queries
- Expert in Tableau data presentation
- Expert in Excel data analysis and modelling
- Working understanding of data warehouse architecture and query optimisation.
- Previous line management experience of data analysts
- Previous experience of working across companies preferably internationally
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- 20% Product discount (Including 2 additional nominations for friends and family)
- Contributory pension
- Life Assurance 3x your salary
- Private Health
- Long term incentive plan
- Free parking on site
- Watford / Norwich
If you are interested in the Head of Global Business Intelligence role and looking for your next challenge in a fun, fast-paced environment. Please do apply today!