Wine Strategy Manager
Wine Strategy ManagerApply now
Have you had experience analysing and impoving a product portfolio?
Do you have experience collating and analying market and customer data?
Have you been able to bring create space for new exciting products to customers?
Would you like the opportunity to work for an award-winning innovative online wine business?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Naked Wines would be delighted to hear from you!
We are looking for a passionate, determined, sociable individual to join the Naked team to drive our buy plan to its fullest potential meaning: getting the best wines to our customers; growth for our winemakers; opportunities for our employees.
Who are we?
Ten years after launching, Naked Wines is a community of over 300,000 Angel customers. Through our crowdfunding model, these customers support more than 140 winemakers around the world to create luxury wines at a price that makes them an everyday pleasure.
Although we now have a parent company in Majestic Wines, we still operate independently and have very much retained our growth start-up culture. We are one of the Sunday Times Best Companies To Work For and we are officially the Best Employer in the East of England.
We are looking for a Wine Strategy Manager to join our team. Reporting into the Commercial Director, you will be the lead on developing and implementing our wine strategy, ensuring our angel funds are invested in the wines our angels want the most and assure they land exactly when we need them.
- Analysing market and customer intelligence to ensure that we are buying and stocking the wines that are selling like hotcakes, at the right volumes
- Analysing our existing wine portfolio to ensure that we are growing our top performing wines whilst creating space for new winemakers and wines to keep things exciting
- Working with our CFO to ensure that what we plan to buy is aligned to our business growth plan and working with our CEO and Marketing Director to align to expected promotional activity
- Discussing our requirements with our winemakers
- Monitoring wine performance, including range availability and inventory, and taking action to keep these metrics in check - a constant juggling act!
- Proactively identifying and leading on new initiatives (we never stand still!)
We are looking for an individual who has demonstrable experience in excelling in the following areas:
- Analytical – you are comfortable analysing large data sets and using this to make decisions
- Rigorous – you have relentless attention to detail and pride in getting things right first time
- Self-starter – you set your own plan, and see things through from creation to completion
- Structured – you love working on creating processes that work smoothly for everyone involved
- Personable – you love working in a team with different skills and points of view
- Flexibility – you are comfortable with changing priorities and needs
- Passionate – you are passionate about changing the lives of independent winemakers
- Decisive – you are not afraid to make the hard decisions if that is what the data says you need to do
A competitive salary based on your experience
25 days off, plus your birthday (as long as you bring in cake)
A regular wine allowance
Performance related bonus
And free rides on the office slide down to the bar, ping pong and pool table!
Norwich - We require you to work at least 3 days per week in our Norwich HQ. There is, therefore, the potential to work from London / home for the remainder (which several of our team do!)
If you are a Strategy Manager looking for your next challenge in a fun, fast-paced environment. Please do apply today!