Retail Assistant Manager - Newcastle
Retail Assistant Manager - NewcastleApply now
Are you a dynamic individual who wants to grow and develop in a company that's revolutionising retail?
Do you want to play a key part in motivating and developing a high performing team?
Do you have experience working in customer-facing roles and are passionate about putting customers first?
If you answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would love to hear from you!
Majestic Wine are seeking to recruit a vibrant, people focused Retail Assistant Manager for our thriving Newcastle store. Gone are the days where retail has to be boring and buying wine is a stuffy industry just for the rich and famous! Majestic Wine is all about customer experience and what better way to engage with customers than opening a bottle at our tasting counter?
Our Newcastle Store is one of the highest turnover stores in the north. We have a wide range of customers with fast-paced exciting days.
We need someone who is full of energy, great at building long-lasting customer relationships and would enjoy running exciting and fun tasting events!
We are looking for a real team player who isn’t afraid to roll their sleeves up and lead by example. We want someone who takes pride in engaging, motivating and developing a high performing team and can see the value in doing their best, so together, the whole team succeeds.
If you are a go-getter who will champion our customer relationships, inspire the store team and create innovative ideas to grow the success of the store we would love to hear from you!
Who are Majestic?
Retail is in a period of change and you’re joining a company which has set out a long term vision to be at the forefront of those changes! Majestic is a forward-thinking business, one in which we are revolutionising the way people experience and buy wine and it is an incredibly exciting time for the business and for real go-getters to be part of an amazing opportunity to be a part of something truly unique.
Majestic Wine are the largest wine specialist in the UK with over 200 stores, as well as a very significant online presence and megastores in Calais, France. Following the merger between Naked Wines and Majestic, CEO Rowan Gormley has set the wheels in motion to transform the business into a new kind of retailer - we want to be the definition of experiential retail, a retailer that is truly loved by it's customers. Our vision is to prove the value of face to face wine retail because, as far as we’re aware, you cannot taste wine online.
For more information on our transition please visit: https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2019/03/future-of-wine-retail-is-face-to-face-but-not-necessarily-bricks-and-mortar-majestic-boss-claims/
Why work for Majestic?
- Free WSET Qualifications - All our staff receive free product training. So you don't have to have product knowledge, but definitely a hunger to learn all about wine!
- A Dynamic Culture - You’ll have the chance to work in an exciting, busy environment with a culture that genuinely rewards hard work
- Corking Colleagues - Work within a team who are passionate about wine, providing excellent customer service and most importantly fun to be around!
With the help of our fantastic Training and Development team, we have a clear career pathway for everyone in Retail. You bring the dedication and commitment to succeed, we’ll fill in the blanks in your wine knowledge, and with the right training and development, within 12 months (or sooner) you could be running your very own Majestic Wine business as a Store Manager.
The nice added extras...
- A 20% staff discount on everything in store, which you can share with two of your family or friends
- Store bonus schemes, so you can earn more on top of your salary
- The potential to become a Majestic Business Partner, earning a salary of up to fifty thousand pounds OTE
- Fantastic incentives that take you around the world to explore our different vineyards
- Free shares, so you can share in the success of the business
- A contributory Company Pension Plan
- Life Assurance (Worth 3 times your annual salary).
- 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays.
- PLUS invites to wine tasting events
- PLUS free lunch Fridays (if you hit your weekly targets!)
The Retail Assistant Manager Role:
- Enjoy drinking wine and have a desire to increase your wine knowledge
- Have some experience in a team leader/supervisor position within retail, hospitality or a similar customer-focused industry
- Be over 20 years old and hold a valid manual driving license for at least 12 months
If you are passionate about growing and developing as a Retail Assistant Manager in a successful business who genuinely care about their people… please do apply for Newcastle today!
* Majestic Wine reserves the right to shortlist and appoint suitable candidates before the advert deadline date *