Head of E-Commerce
Head of E-CommerceApply now
Are you a dynamic individual who wants to grow and develop in a company that's revolutionising retail?
Are you an E-Commerce expert with a proven track record of delivering growth and leading a team to success?
Do you have experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic and agile environment?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would be delighted to hear from you!
We are currently looking to recruit a progressive, detail oriented and experienced Head of E-Commerce to lead our dynamic forward-thinking team. We are looking for someone who has an understanding of the latest developments in E-Commerce and the knowledge of the competitive landscape.
Who are we?
Majestic Wine are the largest wine specialist in the UK with over 200 stores, as well as a very significant online presence and megastores in Calais, France. We want to be the definition of experiential retail, a retailer that is truly loved by its customers. Our vision is to prove the value of face to face wine retail because, as far as we’re aware, you cannot taste wine online. It is an incredibly exciting time for the business and for real go-getters to be part of an amazing opportunity.
Keen to take a look at what it's like to work at our Support Centre, click here.
We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment.
Responsible for implementation and ongoing analysis of website and mobile paid (search) traffic to support the digital development and commercial strategy. Working closely with Analytics & Optimisation Manager and E-commerce Trade Manager to identify, optimise and drive profitable growth.
- Responsible for the online trading performance of Majestic.co.uk, driving growth in online
- Provide customers with a seamless multichannel or omnichannel experience
- Ensure promotional campaigns are effectively landed in line with our Promotional Plan
- Driving the digital marketing strategy including PPC, Affiliates, SEO and any additional opportunities via new channels.
- Working closely with key stakeholders to drive the development of the online experience
- Working closely with the development team to plan out tests online and drive optimisation roadmap
- Be a leader - develop the function by taking ownership for decisions, building new processes and support the development of your team
- Analyse web performance alongside the Web Analyst, helping shape insights for the weekly and monthly performance of the overall website
- Working alongside the data team to develop reporting for overall web performance
- Managing the budget for online and digital marketing
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- 5+ years experience in E-commerce, a proven track record of delivering growth, leading a team and landing large and complex projects
- Understanding of latest developments in E-commerce and knowledge of competitive landscape
- Experience of AB testing, or working in a test-driven environment essential
- Ability to produce wireframes and lead changes in customer experience based on data
- Experience with digital marketing and managing acquisition channel traffic
- Strong analytical mindset - we apply test and learn to everything we do
- Experience managing a team
- Experience working in a fast-paced, trade-driven environment, ideally retail
- Strong analytical skills, with advanced knowledge of Google Analytics
- Experience with Google Tag Manager (or other) desirable
- Experience with forecasting targets and analysing performance
- Innovation: Identity, develop and deliver insight-driven innovation opportunities across all parts of the business, in order to drive growth
- Take a broad perspective: A deep understanding of the business, its composition, brands and value proposition making key decisions in light of strategic and financial plans.
- Be open: This underpins everything that we do. We add value by looking to the greater good. We show humility and express positive expectations of others. Get things wrong right!
- Be organised: The ability to be able to consistently land campaigns in a fast-paced and changing environment is essential
- Communication and Influencing: Communicating insights in a compelling way, so that it is easy for our business partners to leverage them for improved decision-making.
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- 20% discount on wine for you and up to two friends or family
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance 3x your salary
- Private Medical Care
- Free lunch provided each day
- Free parking on site
- Contributory pension
- Season ticket loans
- An unparalleled fun company culture that's focused on empowering and developing our employees.
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Location: Our Head Office is based in Watford, just 20 minutes from London Euston. From Watford Junction, we are a 15-minute walk to our Head Office. Taxies are provided to the station.
If you are an experienced Head of E-Commerce looking to join a dynamic & forward thinking company, please do apply today!
No agencies please.