Supply Chain Analyst
Supply Chain AnalystApply now
Are you a dynamic individual who wants to grow and develop in a company that's revolutionising retail?
Do you have knowledge of end to end supply chain principles and processes with an awareness of cost?
Do you have experience working in a fast-paced, dynamic and agile environment?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would be delighted to hear from you!
We are currently looking to recruit a data-driven, detail oriented and experienced Supply Chain Analyst to join our dynamic forward-thinking team. We are looking for someone who enjoys driving continuous improvement, challenging the status-quo and has experience building strong relationships cross-functionally across the business to deliver the best results.
Who are we?
Majestic Wine are the largest wine specialist in the UK with over 200 stores, as well as a very significant online presence and megastores in Calais, France. We want to be the definition of experiential retail, a retailer that is truly loved by its customers. Our vision is to prove the value of face to face wine retail because, as far as we’re aware, you cannot taste wine online. It is an incredibly exciting time for the business and for real go-getters to be part of an amazing opportunity.
Keen to take a look at what it's like to work at our Support Centre, click here.
We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment.
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of the dynamic supply chain team here at Majestic Wine. As a supply chain analyst, you develop lots of key working relationships. Internally - you'll be working closely with all departments including Buying, Marketing & Retail Ops to ensure an efficient supply of inventory. Externally - you'll be working very closely with suppliers and our freight forwarding company to ensure we always operate a smooth supply chain.
You'll be responsible for ensuring all products across their categories are delivered on time & in full to support the sales plan and company strategy. Managing the ongoing ordering and replenishment to ensure in-store and online availability is above target whilst balancing cash invested in inventory.
- Raising of Purchase Orders for all products within defined lead times and economic order quantities.
- Maintaining optimum availability in store & online of every product planned to be on sale by managing allocation & replenishment parameters appropriately.
- Delivery of Supply Chain initiatives that support the Logistics/Supply Chain strategy.
- Support the business in achieving the necessary stock reductions to deliver the Supply Chain strategy
- Maximise availability at flyer launches by improving the position of known late lines through the tracking process and support the drive for launch improvement within the business.
- The timely communication, management & Supply Chain execution of other planned promotional events.
- KPI - Store & online availability with cost of stock inline with company budget to ensure inventory is working as hard as possible
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Take a broad perspective: A deep understanding of the business, its composition, brands and value proposition making key decisions in light of strategic and financial plans.
- Be open: This underpins everything that we do. We add value by looking to the greater good. We show humility and express positive expectations of others.
- Build alignment: We create alignment and integration by working with others, involving them at the right level throughout the process, to achieve clear decisions that can be executed quickly. We understand the potential tensions there can be between the Commercial functions but work to mitigate these at all times.
- Take initiative: We are passionate about our business and are always seeking to do more, to add greater value in our relentless pursuit of excellence. We continually focus on performance and results and seek to go above and beyond what our stakeholders expect.
- Relationship Building: Developing productive and mutually beneficial relationships with business and agency partners)
- Communication and Influencing: Communicating insights in a compelling way, so that it is easy for our business partners to leverage them for improved decision-making.
- Problem-Solving: We're a solution-oriented team so are seeking someone who brings solutions, not problems.
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- 20% discount on wine
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance 3x your salary
- Free lunch provided each day
- Free parking on site
- Contributory pension
- An unparalleled fun company culture that's focused on empowering and developing our employees.
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Interview Date: w/c 22nd July
- Location: Our Head Office is based in Watford, just 20 minutes from London Euston. From Watford Junction, we are a 15-minute walk to our Head Office. Taxies are provided to the station.
If you are an experienced Supply Chain Analyst looking to join a dynamic & forward thinking company, please do apply today!
No agencies please.