Retail Store Manager - Kingston
Retail Store Manager - KingstonApply now
Are you a dynamic individual with the ambition, drive and creativity to run a successful store in a company that's revolutionising retail?
Are you an engaging leader who's passionate about developing a small close-knit team?
Do you have experience working in a customer-facing role and are passionate about delivering excellent customer service?
If you answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would love to hear from you!
Majestic Wine are looking to recruit a Retail Store Manager who loves delighting customers, is passionate about developing a small group of talented people and will strive to achieve success for our Kingston
Gone are the days where retail has to be boring and buying wine is a stuffy industry just for the rich and famous! Majestic Wine is all about customer experience and what better way to engage with customers than opening a bottle at our tasting counter?
Our Kingston is a fast-paced store with huge growth potential, it has a young profile with lots of opportunities to drive new customers with tasting events and re-engage loyal customers with profiling.
Kingston has the biggest growth in second shop rate and transaction growth LFL. Lone working is a factor due to the size of the store so the ideal candidate needs to be pro-active and comfortable working in this scenario.
You should have a growth mindset with the ability to lead the business with new ways of working. As well as being forward-thinking, you should have the ability to work with pace.
We need a go-getter who will lead by example and motivate their team to achieve success. So if you want to always be innovating and create new ideas as to how to grow your customer base, run exciting tasting events, and really develop your team, then this is the role for you…..
Who are Majestic?
Majestic Wine are the largest wine specialist in the UK with over 200 stores, as well as a very significant online presence and megastores in Calais, France. We want to be the definition of experiential retail, a retailer that is truly loved by its customers. Our vision is to prove the value of face to face wine retail because, as far as we’re aware, you cannot taste wine online. It is an incredibly exciting time for the business and for real go-getters to be part of an amazing opportunity.
Why work for Majestic?
‘Enjoyment comes from autonomy’ - Josh Lincoln, Retail & Managing Director
At Majestic Wine, we understand how important it is that our Store Managers feel that they are:
- Listened to and know that they have been heard
- Genuinely empowered to make decisions and have the autonomy to do so
- Responsible and rewarded for the contribution to their store’s GP
- Respected and valued as part of the Majestic team, as together, we are Majestic!
We pride ourselves on facilitating a work environment where you enjoy what you do but also importantly, be able to develop and grow your career.
We have a clear career pathway for everyone in retail and with the help of our fantastic Training and Development team, we will fast-track you from being a ‘Wine Lover to a Wine Business Partner’ which enables you to really reap the financial rewards from your hard work.
The nice added extras...
- A 20% staff discount on everything in store, which you can share with two of your family or friends
- Store bonus schemes, so you can earn more on top of your salary
- The potential to become a Majestic Business Partner, earning a salary of up to Fifty Thousand Pounds OTE
- WSET Training qualification
- Fantastic incentives that take you around the world to explore our different vineyards
- Free shares, so you can share in the success of the business
- A contributory Company Pension Plan
- Life Assurance (Worth 3 times your annual salary)
- 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays
- PLUS invites to wine tasting events
- PLUS free lunch Fridays (if you hit your weekly targets!)
We are looking for great Retail Store Managers who:
- Have a minimum of 2 years managerial experience in the retail or hospitality industry
- Have a great understanding of how to keep a team happy and motivated
- Have great knowledge of profit and loss statements and managing sales targets
- Have a track record of great team leadership, operational excellence, and delivering best in class customer service
- Wouldn’t ask a team member to do something that you wouldn’t do yourself
If you are passionate about growing and developing as a Retail Store Manager in a successful business who genuinely care about their people… please do apply for Kingston today!
* Majestic Wine reserves the right to shortlist and appoint suitable candidates before the advert deadline date *