Data AnalystApply now
Are you a dynamic individual who wants to grow and develop in a company that's revolutionising retail?
Are you naturally inquisitive about how things work?
Do you have experience with strong numerical and analytical skills?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would be delighted to hear from you!
We are currently looking to recruit a Data Analyst to join our dynamic forward-thinking team. We are looking for someone who enjoys taking ownership of innovative projects and has experience being highly organised, with a proven track record of prioritising workload to meet deadlines.
Who are we?
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year.
Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believe there is still a key role a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.majesticcareers.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and French division.
Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
Keen to take a look at what it's like to work at our Support Centre, click here.
We are looking for an eager self-starter, with an interest in data, who wants to explore a career in Data Analysis. You’ll be an essential member of the Business Intelligence team to empower Majestic Wine with actionable insights and analysis. It's an incredibly varied role ranging from analysing business performance to problem-solving, with great exposure to the leadership team. The role requires a keen eye for detail, passion for learning and always being able to deliver to tight deadlines and could be a great platform for progression, either in the BI team or beyond.
This an entry-level position, as such there your data skills will be developed with our team and there will be an opportunity for formal training through an apprenticeship once probation has been passed.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Naturally inquisitive about how things work
- Passionate about problem-solving, viewing challenges as puzzles to be solved
- Strong Numerical and analytical skills
- Highly organised, with a proven track record of prioritising workload to meet deadlines
- Good verbal and written communication
- Interested in engaging with stakeholders around the business to develop their use of data & insight
- Able to use data tools eg. excel, BI tools eg. Tableau, Scripting tools eg. Python or SQL knowledge is advantageous, but not essential
- Any degree, and/or A-Level or BTEC qualification in maths, computing, business or data is advantageous, but not essential
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- 20% discount on wine
- Performance-related bonus
- Life assurance 3x your salary
- Free lunch provided each day
- Free parking on site
- Contributory pension
- Development opportunity through an apprenticeship
- An unparalleled fun company culture that's focused on empowering and developing our employees.
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Location: Our Head Office is based in Watford, just 20 minutes from London Euston. From Watford Junction, we are a 15-minute walk to our Head Office. Taxi's are provided to the station.
We’re fast-paced, we’re entrepreneurial, we’re creative, we’re dynamic, we’re energetic and we’d love to hear from you!
No agencies please.