Retail Store Manager - Sunningdale
Retail Store Manager - SunningdaleApply now
Are you a dynamic individual with the ambition, drive and creativity to run a successful store in a company that's revolutionising retail?
Are you an engaging leader who's passionate about developing a small close-knit team?
Do you have experience working in a customer-facing role and are passionate about delivering excellent customer service?
If you answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would love to hear from you!
Majestic Wine are looking to recruit a Retail Store Manager who loves delighting customers, is passionate about developing a small group of talented people and will strive to achieve success for our Sunningdale.
Gone are the days where retail has to be boring and buying wine is a stuffy industry just for the rich and famous! Majestic Wine is all about customer experience and what better way to engage with customers than opening a bottle at our tasting counter?
The store has an established team and requires someone willing to lead from the front, create a dynamic, strong and positive environment for all to work in, and manage them effectively.
This store has a fantastic wine selection, with one of the largest fine wine selections outside of London, and has a lot of room for potential. So would really suit an applicant with great wine knowledge, as there is definitely a hunger from the customers to get their hands on some of the fantastic range.
We need a go-getter who will lead by example and motivate their team to achieve success. So if you want to always be innovating and create new ideas as to how to grow your customer base, run exciting tasting events, and really develop your team, then this is the role for you…
Who are Majestic?
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year.
Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believe there is still a key role a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.majesticcareers.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and French division.
Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
Majestic Wine stands apart from other retailers due to our extensive range of quality wine, our approach to selling it and our expert people - Majestic's greatest asset! We offer wine tasting in store every day and the expertise of our teams ensure a strong customer focus. All these things come together to make us unique and give us the extra personal touch we’re so proud of.
Why work for Majestic?
‘Enjoyment comes from autonomy’ - Josh Lincoln, Retail & Managing Director
At Majestic Wine, we understand how important it is that our Store Managers feel that they are:
- Listened to and know that they have been heard
- Genuinely empowered to make decisions and have the autonomy to do so
- Responsible and rewarded for the contribution to their store’s GP
- Respected and valued as part of the Majestic team, as together, we are Majestic!
We pride ourselves on facilitating a work environment where you enjoy what you do but also importantly, be able to develop and grow your career.
We have a clear career pathway for everyone in retail and with the help of our fantastic Training and Development team, we will fast-track you from being a ‘Wine Lover to a Wine Business Partner’ which enables you to really reap the financial rewards from your hard work.
The nice added extras...
- A 20% staff discount on everything in store, which you can share with two of your family or friends
- Store bonus schemes, so you can earn more on top of your salary
- The potential to become a Majestic Business Partner, earning a salary of up to Fifty Thousand Pounds OTE
- WSET Training qualification
- Fantastic incentives that take you around the world to explore our different vineyards
- A contributory Company Pension Plan
- Life Assurance (Worth 3 times your annual salary)
- 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays
- PLUS invites to wine tasting events
- PLUS free lunch Fridays (if you hit your weekly targets!)
We are looking for great Retail Store Managers who:
- Have a minimum of 2 years managerial experience in the retail or hospitality industry
- Have a great understanding of how to keep a team happy and motivated
- Have great knowledge of profit and loss statements and managing sales targets
- Have a track record of great team leadership, operational excellence, and delivering best in class customer service
- Wouldn’t ask a team member to do something that you wouldn’t do yourself
If you are passionate about growing and developing as a Retail Store Manager in a successful business who genuinely care about their people… please do apply for Sunningdale today!
* Majestic Wine reserves the right to shortlist and appoint suitable candidates before the advert deadline date *