Van Driver - Kings Cross
Van Driver - Kings CrossApply now
Are you a dynamic individual who wants to grow and develop in a company that's revolutionising retail?
Are you an effective communicator and self-motivated?
Do you have experience as a multi-drop driver within the London area?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would be delighted to hear from you!
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Van Driver to join our dynamic forward-thinking team. We are looking for someone who enjoys taking ownership and has experience of delivery 5* customer service along with excellent time management.
Who are we?
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year.
Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believe there is still a key role a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.majesticcareers.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and French division.
Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
Keen to take a look at what it's like to work at our Support Centre, click here.
The Driver’s role is to deliver stock to customers using a Company vehicle. Be aware of their responsibilities in providing the highest possible levels of customer service.
Your priority is to make timely and accurate deliveries of stock to customers and recognise the importance of free delivery as part of the overall customer service proposition at Majestic. You should be willing to participate in helping in the warehouse when not making deliveries.
As Driver at Majestic, you should provide the highest levels of customer service in order to uphold Company standards. To understand how Majestic operates as a retailer and its services to customers:
- Prioritise customer requirements and deal efficiently with customer queries
- Maintain professional personal appearance
- Accurately assemble all deliveries and check them at the point of unloading them into the van
- Organise delivery routes in a logical and economical manner
- Deliver the correct stock to customers in a timely manner, checking all stock on delivery in the presence of the customer
- Be polite and courteous to customers at all times
- Demonstrate an understanding of payment procedures on delivery and follow Company policies relating to this at all times
- Gain a signature from the customer on delivery of the stock and file paperwork neatly in the office
- Be aware of security issues relating to van use and take adequate steps to safeguard Company property
- Drive and park the van legally and responsibly at all times
- Read and demonstrate an understanding of the information in the Vehicle section of the Retail Operations Manual and the Employee Handbook
- Follow the Highway Code at all times and adherence to the company “Drivertocracy” targets (Ctrack software).
Knowledge & Skills Required:
It is Majestic’s policy to promote and encourage the highest standards of health and safety at work. The Company aims to provide a safe working environment for all staff. All employees have a duty to take reasonable care for their own safety and for others while working and to familiarise themselves with and follow all Company procedures related to safety at work. Further information on safety and security at work is outlined in the Safe Working Procedures document. A Driver should:
- Guard against breakages and follow Company procedures for processing and recording breakages
- Use any equipment provided e.g. pallet trucks, in a safe manner and only for the purpose for which it is intended
- Observe and adhere to all load-bearing capacities e.g. racking, trolleys etc.
- Understand the procedure to follow in the event of an accident at work
- Demonstrate an awareness of the procedure to follow in the event of a vehicle accident
- Be alert to potential security risks
- Display constant vigilance to safeguard against potential security breaches
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- 20% discount on wine
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance 3x your salary
- Contributory pension
- An unparalleled fun company culture that's focused on empowering and developing our employees.
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Location: Kings Cross Office, Unit 5, Brandon Road Industrial Estate, Brandon Road, London N7 9AA
If you are an experienced Van Driver looking to join a dynamic & forward thinking company, please do apply today!
No agencies please.