Retail Assistant Manager - Various London Locations
Retail Assistant Manager - Various London LocationsApply now
Are you a dynamic individual who wants to grow and develop in a company that's revolutionising retail?
Do you want to play a key part in motivating and developing a high performing team?
Do you have experience working in customer-facing roles and are passionate about putting customers first?
If you answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would love to hear from you!
Majestic Wine are seeking to recruit vibrant, people focused Retail Assistant Manager's for our thriving London stores. Gone are the days where retail has to be boring and buying wine is a stuffy industry just for the rich and famous! Majestic Wine is all about customer experience and what better way to engage with customers than opening a bottle at our tasting counter?
Applicants should be aware that you could be based out of any of our London stores, as we are approcahing our busiest time of year!
We need someone who is full of energy, great at building long-lasting customer relationships and would enjoy running exciting and fun tasting events!
We are looking for a real team player who isn’t afraid to roll their sleeves up and lead by example. We want someone who takes pride in engaging, motivating and developing a high performing team and can see the value in doing their best, so together, the whole team succeeds.
If you are a go-getter who will champion our customer relationships, inspire the store team and create innovative ideas to grow the success of the store we would love to hear from you!
Who are Majestic?
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year.
Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believe there is still a key role a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.majesticcareers.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and French division.
Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
Majestic Wine stands apart from other retailers due to our extensive range of quality wine, our approach to selling it and our expert people - Majestic's greatest asset! We offer wine tasting in store every day and the expertise of our teams ensure a strong customer focus. All these things come together to make us unique and give us the extra personal touch we’re so proud of.
Why work for Majestic?
- Free WSET Qualifications - All our staff receive free product training. So you don't have to have product knowledge, but definitely a hunger to learn all about wine!
- A Dynamic Culture - You’ll have the chance to work in an exciting, busy environment with a culture that genuinely rewards hard work
- Corking Colleagues - Work within a team who are passionate about wine, providing excellent customer service and most importantly fun to be around!
With the help of our fantastic Training and Development team, we have a clear career pathway for everyone in Retail. You bring the dedication and commitment to succeed, we’ll fill in the blanks in your wine knowledge, and with the right training and development, within 12 months (or sooner) you could be running your very own Majestic Wine business as a Store Manager.
The nice added extras...
- A 20% staff discount on everything in store, which you can share with two of your family or friends
- Store bonus schemes, so you can earn more on top of your salary
- The potential to become a Majestic Business Partner, earning a salary of up to fifty thousand pounds OTE
- Fantastic incentives that take you around the world to explore our different vineyards
- A contributory Company Pension Plan
- Life Assurance (Worth 3 times your annual salary).
- 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays.
- PLUS invites to wine tasting events
- PLUS free lunch Fridays (if you hit your weekly targets!)
The Retail Assistant Manager Role:
- Enjoy drinking wine and have a desire to increase your wine knowledge
- Have some experience in a team leader/supervisor position within retail, hospitality or a similar customer-focused industry
- Be over 20 years old and hold a valid manual driving license for at least 12 months
If you are passionate about growing and developing as a Retail Assistant Manager in a successful business who genuinely care about their people… please do apply today!
* Majestic Wine reserves the right to shortlist and appoint suitable candidates before the advert deadline date *