Inventory Assistant - Kings Cross
Inventory Assistant - Kings CrossApply now
Are you a dynamic individual who wants to grow and develop in a company that's revolutionising retail?
Do you have an overall understanding of Warehouse Operations and processes?
Do you have meticulous attention to detail?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would be delighted to hear from you!
We are currently looking to recruit an Inventory Assistant to join our dynamic forward-thinking team. We are looking for someone who enjoys taking ownership of tasks and has experience in warehouse operations and processes.
Who are we?
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year.
Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believe there is still a key role a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.majesticcareers.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and French division.
Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
Keen to take a look at what it's like to work at our Support Centre, click here.
Reporting to the Inventory Manager, you will be responsible for managing all inventory control related activities as stock location and availability, replenishment control and inventory auditing. The role carries responsibility for working with purchasing, goods inwards and dispatch and to ensure necessary functions are carried out correctly. The job role may include other reasonable duties/tasks from time to time.
- Provides assistance with stock orders, data entry, advising sales team on stock availability (via phone or email).
- Provides necessary inventory reports for warehouse, sales, supply chain and accounting departments.
- Updating the warehouse management system to align with physical product quantities.
- Troubleshoots any assigned problems with purchase orders, deliveries, or pickups that require special attention.
- To assist and support stock-taking activities as and when required.
- Loading and offloading of deliveries, receipt of stock to the warehouse management system, replenishing operational work stations and areas.
- Ensuring all products supplied to the customer are of the highest quality, implementing systems and controls as necessary
- Ensure accuracy of counting and checking the rotation of stock to avoid unnecessary stock wastage.
- Provides administrative support for the warehouse including processing delivery returns, collections, scheduling deliveries and pickups, preparing reports, and coordinating special projects; performs general office duties including filing and answering phones.
- Carry out duties with 'Passion' a 'Can Do' attitude and getting tasks 'Right First Time' as per Majestic's essentials.
- Conduct activities & tasks ensuring compliance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's).
- Assisting other departments when required in the case of absence.
- Effective communication with other departments.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- A flexible approach to working practices.
- An overall understanding of Warehouse Operations and processes
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Computer literate; Word, Excel, Email and stock management systems.
- Have a flexible approach to your work
- Self-confident and calm under pressure
- Tidy and organized
- Previous experience in a similar position would be advantageous
- Please note, this role involves physical work including lifting and stretching
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- 20% discount on wine
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance 3x your salary
- Free parking on site
- Contributory pension
- An unparalleled fun company culture that's focused on empowering and developing our employees.
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Interview Date: ASAP
- Location: Unit 5, Brandon Road Industrial Estate, Brandon Road.London N7 9AA
If you are an experienced Inventory Assistant looking to join a dynamic & forward thinking company, please do apply today!
No agencies please.