Driver - Mere Green
Driver - Mere GreenApply now
Are you a friendly, enthusiastic and hardworking individual?
Do you have a passion for delivering fantastic customer service?
Would you enjoy being part of a small, close-knit team who work together and have fun?
If you answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would love to hear from you!
Majestic Wine are seeking to recruit a committed and passionate Driver to join our Mere Green team. Our people are our greatest asset, they deliver exceptional service and that’s why our customers keep coming back. We are passionate about helping people find the wine they’ll love and getting it delivered to them at their own convenience. Whether our customers are wine lovers or wine novices, our retail teams are there to help!
This is not your typical delivery role...
As a driver delivering products to our customers, you are at the forefront of delivering exceptional customer service. So whether it is making sure that deliveries are on time or supporting the retail teams on the shop floor, your role is crucial to the smooth running of our store.
Majestic also offer the very best opportunities and training; giving you the chance to immerse yourself into the wonderful world of wine. Our mission is to delight our customers with our fantastic products, no matter whether they are a connoisseur or a first-time buyer.
Who are Majestic?
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year.
Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believe there is still a key role a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.majesticcareers.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership, and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and French division.
Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
What are we looking for in a Driver?
Our people come from all walks of life. If the following fits what you are looking for then we want you to come and join us:
- You have a passion for engaging with customers and delivering a 5* customer experience
- You have a positive can-do attitude and are willing to muck in and be a real team player, with the ability to happily lift cases of wine weighing up to 18kg. We sell a lot so we move a lot!
- You would enjoy picking wine orders and jumping in the van to deliver them, delighting in going above and beyond to deliver a personalised service
- You have a desire to learn more about wine and get our customers excited by our brilliant products
- You are a confident driver who is constantly looking for the most efficient routes to ensure we deliver our 5* customer service and our excellent wine!
- You are over 20 years old and hold a valid driving license for at least 12 months
- You would be a flexible member of the team who is happy to help out wherever required
Why work for Majestic?
We pride ourselves on facilitating a work environment where you enjoy what you do but also importantly, being able to develop and grow your career.
- First Rate Training / Development - All our staff receive free product training. So you don't have to have product knowledge, but definitely a hunger to learn all about wine! We help you do this by tailoring your induction and teaching you everything you need to do your job brilliantly. It doesn’t end there…you will also have access to our dedicated online learning portal to help you continuously develop your Majestic career.
- A Dynamic Culture - You’ll have the chance to work in an exciting, busy environment with a culture that genuinely rewards hard work
- Corking Colleagues - Work within a team who are passionate about wine, providing excellent customer service and most importantly fun to be around!
The nice added extras...
- We are proud to be an accredited Living Wage Employer paying the Living Wage hourly rate
- A 20% staff discount on everything in store, which you can share with two of your family or friends.
- The option to complete industry recognised WSET Training qualifications.
- Fantastic incentives that take you around the world to explore our different vineyards.
- Free shares, so you can share in the success of the business.
- A contributory company Pension Plan.
- Life Assurance (Worth 3 times your annual salary).
- 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays.
- PLUS invites to wine tasting events.
- PLUS free lunch Fridays (if you hit your weekly targets!)
- Requirements: 7 days a week. Weekend work also. 9am - 8pm.
- Hours: 18 Hours
If you are passionate about engaging with customers and want to work in a successful retail business who genuinely care about their people… please apply today!