Database Warehouse Developer
Database Warehouse DeveloperApply now
Are you a dynamic individual who wants to grow and develop in a company that's revolutionising retail?
Are you are self-motivated and able to manage your time, prioritise effectively and hit strict deadlines.?
Do you have experience using ETL tools to build and manage data flows?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would be delighted to hear from you!
Who are we?
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year.
Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believe there is still a key role a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.majesticcareers.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and French division.
Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
Keen to take a look at what it's like to work at our Support Centre, click here.
At Majestic, we have loads of data, including linking 95% of store transactions to customers. The successful candidate will have the experience and skillset, combined with a proactive attitude required to help us maximise the potential of one of Majestic’s most important assets, data. The successful candidate will demonstrate a proven track record of developing and maintaining databases, will be capable of working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a methodical, rigorous and detail-oriented approach to the management and development of our data infrastructure.
- Own and lead the project to rebuild our data warehouse as we migrate away from legacy and proprietary systems owned by our former parent company from which we are separating. This will require a complete redesign of our ETL processes to integrate data from new systems, backfilling from our existing warehouse(s), optimising our infrastructure and data strategy while maintaining maximum continuity to the business.
- Ongoing maintenance, development and management of our data warehouse.
- Proactively demonstrate and champion the benefits that best in class data management can deliver
- Champion data quality and capture, the better we look after our data, the more we can do with it!
- Working collaboratively both internally and externally to meet business requirements for data and analytics in the most efficient manner possible.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience in developing and maintaining a cloud-based database(s).
- Experience working with Amazon Redshift highly beneficial.
- Experience using ETL tools to build and manage data flows (Pentaho beneficial).
- Experience within retail/B2C and experience with Single Customer View implementations beneficial.
- You are self-motivated and able to manage your time, prioritise effectively and hit strict deadlines.
- You can communicate complex and technical subjects or issues to senior stakeholders, providing recommendations and solutions where appropriate.
- Experience with other automation tools (Python, R, SFTP, Windows Command Line, Amazon Command-Line) beneficial.
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- 20% discount on wine
- Performance-related bonus
- Life assurance 3x your salary
- Free lunch provided each day
- Free parking on site
- Contributory pension
- An unparalleled fun company culture that's focused on empowering and developing our employees.
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Location: Our Head Office is based in Watford, just 20 minutes from London Euston. From Watford Junction, we are a 15-minute walk to our Head Office. Taxi's are provided to the station.
We’re entrepreneurial, we’re creative, we’re dynamic, we’re energetic, we’re inspiring, we’re engaging and we’d love to hear from you! Together we are Majestic #TWAM
No agencies please.