Regional Manager - London
Regional Manager - LondonApply now
Are you a dynamic individual who wants to grow and develop in a company that's revolutionising retail?
Are you ambitious and results-driven, with a flexible approach?
Do you have strong leadership skills, being able to influence, with an ability to build strong relationships across the business?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would be delighted to hear from you!
Who are we?
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year.
Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believe there is still a key role a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.majesticcareers.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and French division.
Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
Keen to take a look at what it's like to work at our Support Centre, click here.
Accountable for building and maintaining a region of store managers and partners who run their stores as their own businesses. Maximise sales, manage costs to budget and deliver operational excellence throughout the Region's Stores.
Acting as the first point of contact for Store Managers within the Region and leading their team to successfully deliver the overall business plan.
- Exceeding regional Sales target
- Exceeding regional email capture target (45%)
- Exceeding company engagement score target (80%)
- Keeping all regional costs in line with budget supporting Store Managers to qualify as Partners in line with company target (50% of region Partners or qualiﬁed)
- Leadership responsibility for your direct reports, to include objective setting (KPI's), motivating, coaching and monitoring
- Driving performance and providing regular feedback
- Build and maintain strong relationships with all key Support Centre teams
- Full P&L responsibility for all stores in the region
- Help your Store Managers problem-solve and address any issues they escalate to you
- Attend monthly meetings and ensure you’re aligned with your colleagues
- Using the meritocracy to identify, support and improve the performance of Failing stores through eﬀective performance management
- Analysing the performance of each store, using reporting from Tableau as well as their own in-store observations to put in place the right actions to support the meritocracy
- Training Store Managers, helping them to create their own plans and reinforcing the right customer behaviours
- Rewarding those who demonstrate the right behaviours, while performance managing those who don’t
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Strong leadership skills, being able to influence, with an ability to build strong relationships across the business
- Strong team-building skills, coupled with an excellent organisational and motivational ability
- Works at pace demonstrate resilience, passion, energy and a can-do attitude
- A creative thinker, with a common-sense approach to problem-solving and the ability to develop creative and effective solutions to business challenges
- Ambitious and results-driven, with a flexible approach
- Attention to detail, strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced and driven retail leader with at 5+ years of retail leadership experience
- Sound business acumen and personal gravitas
- Proven track record of retail sales achievement via KPI's
- Highly organised, with a strategic commercial outlook
- Self-starter and keen to take initiative
- Great presentation skills
- Industry knowledge is highly desirable
- Clean driving licence
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- 20% discount on wine
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance 3x your salary
- Private Medical Care
- Free lunch provided each day
- Free parking on site
- Contributory pension
- An unparalleled fun company culture that's focused on empowering and developing our employees.
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Location: London Region
We’re fast-paced, we’re entrepreneurial, we’re creative, we’re dynamic, we’re energetic and we’d love to hear from you!
No agencies please.