Retail Store Manager - Witney
Retail Store Manager - WitneyApply now
Are you a dynamic individual with the ambition, drive and creativity to run a successful store in a company that's revolutionising retail?
Are you an engaging leader who's passionate about developing a small close-knit team?
Do you have experience working in a customer-facing role and are passionate about delivering excellent customer service?
If you answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would love to hear from you!
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year.
Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believe there is still a key role for a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.careers.majestic.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and our French division.
Fortress is now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
Majestic Wine stands apart from other retailers due to our extensive range of quality wine, our approach to selling it and our expert people - Majestic's greatest asset! We offer wine tasting in store every day and the expertise of our teams ensure a strong customer focus. All these things come together to make us unique and give us the extra personal touch we’re so proud of.
Do you love how it feels to help customers discover new products that they will love? As a Retail Store Manager, you will join the Witney team! You'll be supporting GP growth, Wineifying customers, and driving Lock It In subscriptions in each store across the Region.
Majestic is dedicated to delivering a customer experience that’s unlike any other - because you simply can’t taste wine online! It starts with you discovering customers’ needs. And with the support of your store team members, you match those needs with the right products.
Every day is an opportunity for you to turn another wine lover into a loyal Majestic customer. So If you want to be part of a dynamic, busy and fun Team, then apply today!
We are looking for a great Retail Store Managers Who:
- Have a minimum of 2 years managerial experience in the retail or hospitality industry
- Have a great understanding of how to keep a team happy and motivated
- Have great knowledge of profit and loss statements and managing sales targets
- Have a track record of great team leadership, operational excellence, and delivering best in class customer service
- Wouldn’t ask a team member to do something that you wouldn’t do yourself
- A 20% staff discount on everything in-store, which you can share with two of your family or friends
- Christmas bonus scheme, so you can earn more on top of your salary
- The chance to become a Majestic Business Partner; run your showroom and a team like it's your own business and reap the rewards!
- Fantastic incentives that take you around the world to explore our different vineyards
- A contributory Company Pension Plan
- Life Assurance (Worth 3 times your annual salary).
- 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays.
- PLUS invites to wine tasting events
- PLUS free lunch Fridays (if you hit your weekly targets!)
- Contract: Permanent
- Hours: Full time
To find out more about the opportunity, please apply today together with your up to date CV
We’re entrepreneurial, we’re creative, we’re dynamic, we’re energetic, we’re inspiring, we’re engaging and we’d love to hear from you! Together we are Majestic #TWAM
* Majestic Wine reserves the right to shortlist and appoint suitable candidates before the advert deadline date *