Register your interest - Careers in & around Somerset
Register your interest - Careers in & around SomersetApply now
Not seen the role for you? Register your interest with Majestic Wine!
We're always looking for great Sales Assistants and Trainee Managers to join our Stores across the UK. Do you love helping customers discover new products that they will love? Whether you’re looking to work as part time or full time, we are keen to hear from you.
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year.
Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believes there is still a key role for a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.careers.majestic.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and our French division.
Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
Majestic Wine stands apart from other retailers due to our extensive range of quality wine, our approach to selling it and our expert people - Majestic's greatest asset! We offer wine tasting in-store every day and the expertise of our teams ensure a strong customer focus. All these things come together to make us unique and give us the extra personal touch we’re so proud of.
What you will do
At Majestic Wine our Customers are at the heart of everything we do. In this role, you’ll be an ambassador for the store in which you work, supporting the team to deliver an outstanding shopping experience for every one of our customers. Therefore, we are looking for people who;
- Have a friendly, vibrant and engaging personal style
- Ensure Customers get the best shopping experience in-store
- Have the confidence to talk to our customers about the wine we sell
- Have a passion for engaging with customers and delivering a 5* customer experience and that our customers leave our store feeling valued and satisfied
- Will play your part in making sure the store looks fantastic and is a neat, safe and attractive place for our customers to shop in
- Can prioritise and be efficient with your time so you can spend more time with our customers finding wines they’ll love
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Will be happy to pick wine orders and jump in the van to deliver them if needed
- Wants to constantly improve your wine knowledge so you can share this with our customers (don’t worry, we will teach you everything you need to know)
- Have a positive can do attitude and are willing to muck in and be a real team player
What you will need
- Have a positive can-do attitude and are willing to muck in and be a real team player
- Have a desire to learn more about wine and get our customers excited by our brilliant products
- You are able to prioritise to ensure anything you do is right for our customers.
- Adaptable and resilient to meet the ever-changing demands of our business.
- You are reliable and a good timekeeper
- You must be smart and tidy at all times and work hard to keep our stores in an immaculate condition
- A full UK/EU/EEA driving licence is preferred
- Proven working experience in the retail or hospitality industry
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Wine knowledge is beneficial but not essential
- WSET is beneficial but not essential
- Friendly, helpful, confident and engaging personality
If this appeals, please register your interest. This is the flexible bit, there are multiple roles as the team grows so we want to ensure we find the right team for you. All you need to do is apply with your up to date CV, tell us what your preferred work location is and what role you would be keen to be considered for.
Now sit back and relax and one of our experienced Talent Partners will be in contact with you shortly!
We’re respectful, we’re dynamic and we’d love to hear from you! Together we are Majestic #TWAM!