Retail Stock Assistant - Chester
Retail Stock Assistant - ChesterApply now
Are you hard working, have an eye for detail and enjoy being active?
Would you enjoy being part of a busy, close-knit team who work together and have fun?
Are you highly organised and can get things done in a timely manner?
If you answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would love to hear from you!
Majestic Wine is seeking to recruit a committed and enthusiastic Retail Stock Assistant to join our Chester. Our people are our greatest asset, they ensure our customers have an exceptional experience in store and that’s why our customers keep coming back.
We are passionate about helping people find the wine they’ll love, and it starts with their very first impression.
Your role will be to ensure that our stock is replenished, presented beautifully and is ready and waiting for when that customer walks in the door!
Who are Majestic?
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year.
Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believe there is still a key role a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.majesticcareers.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership, and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and French division.
Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status
Majestic Wine stands apart from other retailers due to our extensive range of quality wine, our approach to selling it and our expert people - Majestic's greatest asset! We offer wine tasting in store every day and the expertise of our teams ensure a strong customer focus. All these things come together to make us unique and give us the extra personal touch we’re so proud of.
What are we looking for in a Retail Stock Assistant?
In this role, you’ll be an ambassador for the way the store looks and is presented.
Therefore, we are looking for people who:
- Will play their part in making sure the store looks fantastic and is a neat, safe and attractive place for our customers to shop in
- Are hard working and have a great work ethic
- Have a great eye for detail to make displays look attractive and pick the correct stock
- Enjoy manual work and are willing to go the extra mile
- Have good organisation skills and can prioritise and be efficient with their time
- Great team players who are adaptable and willing to work in any other area when necessary
- Have a positive can do attitude and are willing to muck in and be a real team player
- Will be happy to pick wine orders and jump in the van to deliver them if needed
Skills / Experience of a Retail Stock Assistant:
- Have managed/worked in stock rooms before (desirable, not essential)
- Be over the age of 20 and have held a full UK driving license for at least 12 months
- Ability to regularly lift cases of wine weighing up to 18kg when merchandising in store or carrying customer purchases to their cars
Why work for Majestic?
We pride ourselves on facilitating a work environment where you enjoy what you do but also importantly, being able to develop and grow your career.
- A Dynamic Culture - You’ll have the chance to work in an exciting, busy environment with a culture that genuinely rewards hard work
- Corking Colleagues - Work within a team who are passionate about wine, providing excellent customer service and most importantly fun to be around!
The nice added extras...
- A 20% staff discount on everything in store
- Access to our bonus schemes for hitting your team’s targets
- Fantastic incentives that take you around the world to explore our different vineyards
- Free lunch Fridays (if you hit your weekly targets!)
- WSET Training qualification
- 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays - this will be pro rata’d if you work part-time
- A contributory company Pension Plan
- Life Assurance (Worth 3 times your annual salary).
- Requirements: Fixed Term Contract until 24/12/2020
- Hours: 10 hours per week
If you want to work in a successful retail business who genuinely care about their people… please apply today!