Acquisition Manager Property - 6/12 months FTC
Acquisition Manager Property - 6/12 months FTCApply now
Are you a dynamic individual who wants to grow and develop in a company that's revolutionising retail?
Are you highly organised and self-motivated with a proven ability to prioritise effectively and meet deadlines under pressure?
Do you have experience developing new store acquisition strategies and requirements?
Do you have experience defining your target area for expansion within a Retail environment?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would be delighted to hear from you!
As the Acquisition Manager you will be responsible for developing new store acquisition strategy and requirements, defining target areas for expansion around the existing Majestic portfolio of properties. You will work closely with our agents to create and identify opportunities to add incremental turnover through new additional high performing stores. You will play an instrumental role actively investigating and identifying opportunities, progressing negotiations with landlords and freeholders to achieve best possible profitability for individual sites and the portfolio as a whole.
- Develop the new store strategy in line with target requirements
- Responsible for incremental new stores and re-sites of existing stores, building a pipeline for the next 4 years via leasehold or freehold across the UK
- Identify acquisitions through desktop investigation, site visits and agents
- Write and present business cases / acquisition reports to the Board
- Negotiate deals from initial contact through to lease completion
- Progress freehold/leasehold acquisition
- Liaise with Store Development team to achieve efficient handover of new stores and help facilitate the store opening process
- The role will be responsible for working with the senior management property team for overall acquisition performance, including key site decisions, the ongoing stakeholder relationship management and helping to ensure our property goals are achieved
- Managing complex stakeholder and 3rd party relationships across all levels of the business
- Recommend and execute property acquisition decisions
- Business Issue / Risks Escalation
- Preparing site feasibility and acquisition reports, identifying challenges in planning/deployment, identifying solutions and ensuring reports are crafted to achieve best delivery and added value for the business
- Tracking, assessing and driving project performance improvements
- Acting as a contact point for escalations and issues, through to resolution
- Responsible for sourcing contact information for prospective properties where required
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Property professional with a background in commercial acquisitions with a focus on Retail property
- RICS accredited ideally with 5 years PQE or equivalent relevant experience
- Proven track record in delivery of new store pipeline
- Proven influence and persuasion skills to lead, negotiate and provide key commercial input into strategic property decision and strategies
- Able to refine and develop the property acquisition strategy for the business
- Proven ability to build relationships, alongside challenging stakeholders where required
- Experience of project management processes
- Understanding and awareness of ongoing property management issues
- Excellent communication and report writing skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- A team player with the ability to integrate easily, communicate with professional courtesy, energy and enthusiasm – inside and outside the business at all levels
- Share information openly and seek to offer support across the business where your area of specialism is required
- Support continuous improvements across the business to improve work streams & processes
- Committed to providing outstanding customer service – both internal and external
- Problem solver – able to think through solutions
- Energetic, self-motivated and resourceful – hands on and requirement minimal supervision
- Working in a fast-moving technical environment, you need to be flexible and adaptable – able to readily accept new ideas and challenges
- Proven ability to manage your workload and conflicting priorities in a pressurised work environment
- Comfortable in providing and receiving feedback as a means for continual improvement
Who are we?
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year.
Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believe there is still a key role a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.majesticcareers.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and French division.
Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- 20% discount on wine
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance 3x your salary
- Free parking on site
- Contributory pension
- An unparalleled fun company culture that's focused on empowering and developing our employees.
- Contract Type: 6 - 12 months Fixed Term Contract
- Location: Our Head Office is based in Watford, just 20 minutes from London Euston. From Watford Junction, we are a 15-minute walk to our Head Office. Taxi's are provided to the station.
We’re fast paced, we’re entrepreneurial, we’re creative, we’re dynamic, we’re energetic and we’d love to hear from you!
No Agencies Please - We thank you for your interest in working with Majestic Wine, however, we have a PSL who will be supporting us if needed. We will not pay fees or acknowledge any CV's supplied to Majestic Wine unless you have been briefed on the role by a member of our Talent Team.