Area Sales Manager - North London
Area Sales Manager - North LondonApply now
Are you a dynamic individual who wants to grow and develop in a company that's revolutionising retail?
Do you have proven experience generating New business within Commercial On- Trade?
Are you WSET Qualified with a strong knowledge of Wine?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would be delighted to hear from you!
As Majestic Wine Area Sales Manager you will be the key driver in generating new business through Commercial. You will be responsible for retaining and growing our existing retention clients, identifying new commercial opportunities and delivering excellent customer service.
- Deliver against budgets set by the business as part of the overall on trade budget in conjunction with your Head of Sales
- Build account plans with key customers to deliver your business objectives and ensure strong business relationships, improve rate of sale and profitability
- Deliver excellent levels of customer service across your account portfolio
- Work closely with your Head of Sales to ensure agreed Regional plans are delivered at field level
- Present account updates and future plans at bi-monthly sales team meetings
- Identify, develop and deliver insight driven innovation opportunities across all parts of the marketing mix, in order to drive portfolio and brand growth.
- A deep understanding of the business, its composition, brands and value proposition making key decisions in light of strategic and financial plans.
- Create alignment and integration by working with others, involving them at the right level throughout the process, to achieve clear decisions that can be executed quickly.
- Communicating insights in a compelling way, so that it is easy for our business partners to leverage them for improved decision-making.
- Clearly articulate brand vision, positioning, renovation and equity development to profitably grow the brand.
- Plan, develop and deliver inspiring, integrated and impactful communication and activation at point of purchase that bring the brand to life and deliver the brand growth targets
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Extensive experience for winning new business in the On-Trade.
- WSET Qualified
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience gained in a Sales / Business Development role within wine & spirits
- An excellent understanding of On-Trade channel (bars, hotels, restaurants)
- A thorough understanding of premium Wine & Spirits
- A good local knowledge of North London and excellent existing contacts within the industry (On-Trade preferred)
- You have a comprehensive understanding and working knowledge of brand building with the ability to balance commercial delivery, strong problem-solving skills and ability to identify sales/ brand opportunities
- You have a strong commercial understanding of customer P&L’s
- You are client centric, results driven, proactive and creative, structured, reliable and inquisitive
- Self motivated, confident and outgoing with the ability to build relationships at various levels.
- Creative with a can do attitude able to overcome challenges and find solutions in order to succeed
- Energetic and ambitious with the drive and determination to win
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels
- Well educated with relevant sales or marketing experience preferably gained working within the drinks industry
Who are we?
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year.
Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believe there is still a key role a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.majesticcareers.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and French division.
Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- 20% discount on wine
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance 3x your salary
- Free parking on site
- Contributory pension
- An unparalleled fun company culture that's focused on empowering and developing our employees.
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Location: North London
We look forward to receiving your application! #ProudtobeMajestic
No Agencies Please - We thank you for your interest in working with Majestic Wine, however, we have a PSL who will be supporting us if needed. We will not pay fees or acknowledge any CV's supplied to Majestic Wine unless you have been briefed on the role by a member of our Talent Team.