Ecommerce Operations, Development and Optimisation Manager
Ecommerce Operations, Development and Optimisation ManagerApply now
Are you a dynamic individual who wants to grow and develop in a company that's revolutionising retail?
Do you have proven experience of working as an Ecommerce Operations / Optimisation Manager in a Retail environment?
Do you have good experience of managing external IT providers?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would be delighted to hear from you!
As Majestic Wine Ecommerce Operations, Development and Optimisation Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day technical running of the Majestic website, and the ongoing development and optimisation of the platform. Working closely with Analytics Manager, Digital Marketing Manager, Online Trading Manager, IT and website partners to identify opportunities, create improved customer experience and optimise site performance
- Ensure efficient and effective operation of the Majestic ecommerce website, working in partnership with our external IT providers
- Manage website development & prioritsation programme, completing business cases and taking a test and learn led approach
- Identifying website development opportunities to meet commercial and business objectives
- Research potential 3rd party tools, manage vendor selection and implementation on the site
- Subject matter expert in the ecommerce platform, systems and tools, working closely with IT function
- Supporting projects with UAT where required, ensuring accuracy and that all timelines are met
- Using insights and analysis to investigate any potential issues throughout the end-to-end customer journey, and suggesting opportunities for improvement
- Collaborate with Digital Marketing manager to implement best in class SEO on site including technical specifications and taxonomy changes
Knowledge & Skills Required
- 5+ years’ experience within a similar E-commerce operations role in Retail.
- Experience managing external IT providers, 3rd party tools and payment providers
- Experience managing project roll-outs including UAT testing
- HTML knowledge
- Entrepreneurial mindset - experience of defining the roadmap for the ecommerce and prioritising accordingly
- Detail-oriented with strong organisational and people management skills, able to work well to deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Expert understanding of the various types of SEO and latest SEO techniques
- Experience interpreting web analytics data on a day-to-day basis - High proficiency using Google Analytics to analyse website performance and identify areas of improvement
- Experience implementing multi-variate testing programmes.
- Experience of mobile ecommerce development.
- A solid understanding of web and app UX/UI best practice and usability.
- Communication skills and adaptability to bring new ideas but to marry them to the needs of Majestic's business and brand.
- Analytical and commercial minded putting customer first in all decisions
- Understanding of ecommerce and retail technology landscape.
- Passion for our Brand and Product
Who are we?
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year.
Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believe there is still a key role a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.majesticcareers.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and French division.
Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- 20% discount on wine
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance 3x your salary
- Free parking on site
- Contributory pension
- An unparalleled fun company culture that's focused on empowering and developing our employees.
- Contract Type: Permanenet
- Location: Our Head Office is based in Watford, just 20 minutes from London Euston. From Watford Junction, we are a 15-minute walk to our Head Office. Taxi's are provided to the station.
We look forward to receiving your application! #ProudtobeMajestic
No Agencies Please - We thank you for your interest in working with Majestic Wine, however, we have a PSL who will be supporting us if needed. We will not pay fees or acknowledge any CV's supplied to Majestic Wine unless you have been briefed on the role by a member of our Talent Team.