National Sales Account Manager
National Sales Account ManagerApply now
Are you a dynamic individual who wants to grow and develop in a company that's revolutionising retail?
Do you have proven Sales and Account Management experience within the Wine & Spirits sector?
Are you WSET qualified and a genuine desire to develop your experience within the Wine industry?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would be delighted to hear from you!
As Majestic Wine National Sales Account Manager, you will be reporting directly into the Head of National Sales, the role will involve working with Commercial's largest and most high profile customers. The customer base you will be looking after is large Contract Caterers, Sporting events, but also the largest and most demanding corporate customers, requiring a sophisticated, tailored approach to account management. The challenge is both to ensure that they run like clockwork from an operational point of view, but also to understand their business inside out and work with them as part of a strategic business partnership.
- Full responsibility of your accounts P&L and win new business with ambitious targets to grow distribution.
- Provide training sessions & educational support to customer teams to optimise the end-consumer experience.
- Support your account base both from the office and on-site during events days, acting as a trusted advisor and key point of contact. Some weekend and evening work will be involved, and flexibility to work around key client’s events is essential.
- Manage the smooth running of accounts including accurate statementing and the management of prices, margins and service levels in relation to contractual commitments.
- Assist the customer inaccurate forecasting and stock control to ensure optimum availability during events and with ongoing stock requirements.
- Proactively identify potential operational issues, advising and troubleshooting as necessary to ensure the best outcome for the customer and Majestic.
- Complete target criteria for account management, ensuring KPIs are met while consistently presenting Majestic Commercial as a credible, professional and reliable partner.
- Maintain a strategic account management approach, understanding the customer’s business inside out, managing expectations effectively, problem-solving and consistently delivering over and above their requirements. At the same time, use your commercial abilities to negotiate win-win solutions for both the customer and Majestic.
- Facilitate relationships between suppliers & accounts.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Minimum of 3 years Sales and Account Management experience within the Wine & Spirits sector.
- WSET qualified and a genuine desire to develop your experience within the Wine industry
- Entrepreneurial style – able to make things happen, a flexible and creative approach to finding winning solutions
- The successful candidate will need to have a proven track record of exceeding targets, drive to provide best-in-class service and a passion for our products.
- Commercially experienced – used to analysing & interpreting Data, understanding of P&L, Range reviews, Forecasting
- Understanding and successful negotiation of major contracts
- Strong business and strategic acumen
- Analytical and numerate with good attention to detail.
- Strong communication and persuasive skills are essential for this role.
- You will have strong relationship building skills and be highly articulate and proactive, able to think strategically, deliver complex messages and manage expectations effectively.
- Computer literate with a working knowledge of Word, Excel, Powerpoint. Experience with G-suite would also be an advantage.
Who are we?
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year.
Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believe there is still a key role a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.majesticcareers.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and French division.
Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
- Contract Type: Permenent
- Location: Field Based and Hemel Hempstead
We look forward to receiving your application! #ProudtobeMajestic
No Agencies Please - We thank you for your interest in working with Majestic Wine, however, we have a PSL who will be supporting us if needed. We will not pay fees or acknowledge any CV's supplied to Majestic Wine unless you have been briefed on the role by a member of our Talent Team.