Night Shift - Warehouse Operative
Night Shift - Warehouse OperativeApply now
Are you a dynamic individual who wants to grow and develop in a company that's revolutionising retail?
Are you a team player with a strong, consistent work ethic?
Do you have practical knowledge and experience in an operational environment?
Do you have experience as a Warehouse Operative / Picker?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would be delighted to hear from you!
As a Warehouse Operative, you will be working at the heart of the business ensuring you supply our fellow colleagues with the stock they require to make us a successful team in the retail and online environment. Accuracy and meritocracy are key KPI’s, alongside good timekeeping qualities and a “can-do” attitude.
- To work effectively as a member of the Warehouse Distribution Team, through effective and appropriate communication.
- Accurately pick stock using our existing WMS via voice control.
- Preparing and packing items for despatch accurately, on time and in accordance with instructions.
- Ensure that warehouse, stock and equipment is kept clean and safe as per company Health and Safety procedures.
- Unload, receive, check, identify and put stock away into its appropriate location and moving of pallets on the warehouse mezzanine floor.
- To use all equipment provided in a safe and correct manner, in accordance with Company procedures and safety rules.
- Ensure that all housekeeping requirements are being met.
- Assisting with the unloading of vehicles and the checking in of stock
- Collecting items from throughout the warehouse, preparing and completing warehouse orders for delivery or pickup according to a schedule.
- Performing warehouse inventory controls
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Good organisational skills
- Being a self-starter with a high level of energy will help you excel in this job
- Forklift experience desirable but not essential
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the job - Manual Handling
- Must be flexible and able to work 5 out of 7 shifts when required (including weekends)
- Team player with strong, consistent work ethic.
- Experience in Distribution or Logistics is an advantage.
- Keen eye for detail
- Good organizational skills and a methodical approach to work
- Energy, enthusiasm, positive, commitment and a can-do flexible attitude
- Practical knowledge and experience in an operational environment
- Quick and effective problem solver
- Work well under pressure and have the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Great sense of humour
Who are we?
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year.
Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believe there is still a key role a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.majesticcareers.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and French division.
Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- 20% discount on wine
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance 3x your salary
- Free parking on site
- Contributory pension
- An unparalleled fun company culture that's focused on empowering and developing our employees.
Contract Type: 3 month FTC to Perm
Start Date: Immediate
Location: Hemel Gateway, A, Boundary Way, Hemel Hempstead Industrial Estate, Hemel Hempstead HP2 7GY
Hours: You will be required to work the following shifts patterns; 22:00pm till 06:00am Sunday to Thursday.
We look forward to receiving your application! #ProudtobeMajestic
No Agencies Please - We thank you for your interest in working with Majestic Wine, however, we have a PSL who will be supporting us if needed. We will not pay fees or acknowledge any CV's supplied to Majestic Wine unless you have been briefed on the role by a member of our Talent Team.