Retail Sales Assistant - Westbury on Trym
Retail Sales Assistant - Westbury on TrymApply now
Are you a friendly, vibrant and hard working individual?
Do you have a passion for retail and delivering fantastic customer service?
Would you enjoy being part of a small, close-knit team who work together and have fun?
If you answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would love to hear from you!
Majestic Wine are seeking to recruit a committed and enthusiastic Retail Sales Assistant to join our high turnover, high footfall Westbury on Trym store. Our people are our greatest asset, they deliver exceptional service and that’s why our customers keep coming back. We are passionate about helping people find the wine they’ll love. Whether our customers are wine lovers or wine novices, our retail teams are there to help! We offer the very best opportunities and training for our Sales Assistants. At Majestic, we offer you the chance to immerse yourself into the wonderful world of wine and to delight our customers with our fantastic products, no matter what their mission is when they come into one of our stores.
Who are Majestic?
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year.
Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believe there is still a key role a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.majesticcareers.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership, and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and French division.
Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
Majestic Wine stands apart from other retailers due to our extensive range of quality wine, our approach to selling it and our expert people - Majestic's greatest asset! We offer wine tasting in store every day and the expertise of our teams ensure a strong customer focus. All these things come together to make us unique and give us the extra personal touch we’re so proud of.
What are we looking for in a Retail Sales Assistant?
In this role, you’ll be an ambassador for the store in which you work, supporting the team to deliver an outstanding shopping experience for every one of our customers. Therefore, we are looking for people who:
Attributes of a Retail Sales Assistant:
- Have a friendly, vibrant and engaging personal style
- Have the confidence to talk to our customers about the wine we sell
- Know how to have fun and be happy to taste wine you have never come across before
- Have a passion about engaging with customers and delivering a 5* customer experience
- Will play your part in making sure the store looks fantastic and is a neat, safe and attractive place for our customers to shop in
- Can prioritise and be efficient with their time so you can spend more time with our customers finding wines they’ll love
- Will be happy to pick wine orders and jump in the van to deliver them if needed
- Wants to constantly improve your wine knowledge so you can share this with our customers (don’t worry, we will teach you everything you need to know)
- Have a positive can do attitude and are willing to muck in and be a real team player
Skills / Experience of a Retail Sales Assistant:
- Be over the age of 20 and have held a full UK driving license for at least 12 months
- 1 year or more prior experience in retail sales (Desirable, not essential)
- Strong communication skills
- Sound computer skills to be able to use our retail system
- Ability to regularly lift cases of wine weighing up to 18kg when merchandising in store or carrying customer purchases to their cars
Why work for Majestic?
We pride ourselves on facilitating a work environment where you enjoy what you do but also importantly, being able to develop and grow your career.
- Free WSET Qualifications - All our staff receive free product training. So you don't have to have product knowledge, but definitely a hunger to learn all about wine!
- First Rate Training / Development - “Wine Lover to Business Partner” gives you an opportunity to receive training that will take you from a Sales Assistant to Management
- A Dynamic Culture - You’ll have the chance to work in an exciting, busy environment with a culture that genuinely rewards hard work
- Corking Colleagues - Work within a team who are passionate about wine, providing excellent customer service and most importantly fun to be around!
The nice added extras...
- A 20% staff discount on everything in store
- Access to our bonus schemes for hitting your team’s targets
- Fantastic incentives that take you around the world to explore our different vineyards
- Free lunch Fridays (if you hit your weekly targets!)
- WSET Training qualification
- 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays - this will be pro rata’d if you work part time
- A contributory company Pension Plan
- Life Assurance (Worth 3 times your annual salary).
- Requirements: Thursdays and Fridays
- Hours: 19 per week
If you are passionate about engaging with customers and want to work in a successful retail business who genuinely care about their people… please apply today!