IT Support Manager
IT Support ManagerApply now
Are you a dynamic individual who wants to grow and develop in a company that's revolutionising retail?
Do you have proven experience within an IT Support/Service Delivery team leading role?
Do you have extensive experience managing incident management and 1st/2nd Line support?
If you have answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would be delighted to hear from you!
As Majestic Wine IT Support Manager you will be responsible for managing the IT Support Team, you'll have overall responsibility for the direction, strategy, budget, delivery and support of the Information Technology function within Majestic Retail, Majestic Commercial and Majestic Support Centre. Areas of support will be business systems and user equipment including but not limited to bespoke applications, store, servers and warehouse systems.
- Take accountability for escalated issues and Managed Incidents, ensuring prioritisation of technical resources to achieve desired outcomes.
- Clearly understand the business priorities and drivers, ensuring roadmaps for IT services are aligned accordingly.
- Management of Support Analyst team - 4 direct reports
- Manage customer communications with regards to outages and service updates
- Ensure incidents are resolved within agreed Service Levels
- Act as an escalation point for both IT and the Business
- Ensure the availability of the support during service hours and monitor activity and service levels
- The areas of support all encompass all computer hardware (mobile, fixed and POS devices), application software and telecommunications (fixed and mobile)
- Overall responsibility for management and delivery of Support and infrastructure.
- Ensuring internal SLA and KPI measures are met or exceeded.
- Management, training and development of the Support Team.
- Management, maintenance and support of all in house hardware and infrastructure.
- Vendor management
- Budget management
- Act as a point of escalation for the Support Team.
- Escalate calls as appropriate to external service providers.
- Plan and budget infrastructure enhancements, additions and replacements.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation for all deployed systems.
- Attain and maintain Software compliance for all applications to ensure that licensing obligations are met
- Ensuring that user access controls are maintained (e.g password, multi factor etc) in line with company policy
- Manage deployment of AV updates and operating system patches to all company devices
- Maintain enrolment of mobile devices within MDM application
- Involvement in IT projects
- Ensure data integrity is maintained through file replication and backup processes.
- Ensure a compliant software position is attained and maintained.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Minimum of 3 years in an IT Support/Service Delivery team leading role
- Experience managing a incident management
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in end user IT support in a busy Retail/FMCG environment
- Proven ability to influence and build effective working relationships with customers, peers, internal and external providers
- Demonstrable skills and certification in best practices or methodologies such as ITIL, Six Sigma, ISO20000
- A tenacity to deliver with the resilience to deal with difficult situations
- Active Directory administration
- Windows 8 and 10 setup, configuration and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of EPOS and Google Suite
- Strong knowledge and experience with 1st/2nd line logging and processing support calls within SLA`s
- Support for POS and other in-store applications, Head Office systems and remote users.
- Good planning, prioritising and numeracy skills
- A methodical approach to work
- Excellent attention to detail
Who are we?
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year.
Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believes there is still a key role a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast-paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.majesticcareers.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and French division.
Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
- A competitive salary based on your experience
- 20% discount on wine
- Performance related bonus
- Life assurance 3x your salary
- Free parking on site
- Contributory pension
- An unparalleled fun company culture that's focused on empowering and developing our employees.
- Contract Type: Permanent
- Location: Our Head Office is based in Watford, just 20 minutes from London Euston. From Watford Junction, we are a 15-minute walk to our Head Office. Taxi's are provided to the station.
We look forward to receiving your application! #ProudtobeMajestic
No Agencies Please - We thank you for your interest in working with Majestic Wine, however, we have a PSL who will be supporting us if needed. We will not pay fees or acknowledge any CV's supplied to Majestic Wine unless you have been briefed on the role by a member of our Talent Team.