Retail Stock Operative - Chelmsford
Retail Stock Operative - ChelmsfordApply now
Are you a friendly, vibrant, and hard working individual?
Do you have a passion for retail and delivering fantastic customer service?
Would you enjoy being part of a small, close-knit team who work together and have fun?
If you answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would love to hear from you!
Majestic Wine stands apart from other retailers due to our extensive range of quality wine, our approach to selling it and our expert people - Majestic's greatest asset! We offer wine tasting in store every day and the expertise of our teams ensure a strong customer focus. All these things come together to make us unique and give us the extra personal touch we’re so proud of.
Do you love how it feels to help customers discover new products that they will love? As a Stock Operative, you will join the Chelmsford team!
Whether you are looking for flexibility to suit your lifestyle or the opportunity to progress your career, this can be the role for you.
In this role, you’ll be an ambassador for the store in which you work, supporting the team to deliver an outstanding shopping experience for every one of our customers. Therefore, we are looking for people who;
- Have a friendly, vibrant and engaging personal style
- Ensure Customers get the best shopping experience in-store
- Will play your part in making sure the store looks fantastic and is a neat, safe and attractive place for our customers to shop in
- Can prioritise and be efficient with your time
- Take pride in their work and complete tasks to a high standard
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Will be happy to pick wine orders and jump in the van to deliver them if needed
- Have a positive can do attitude and are willing to muck in and be a real team player
- Are flexible to pick up additional hours when required
Knowledge & Skills Required
- Works hard for your team and your store so that they can give customers the best experience
- Adaptable and resilient to meet the ever changing demands of our business
- You are reliable and a good timekeeper.
- Strong attention to detail
- You must be smart and tidy at all times and work hard to keep our stores in a immaculate condition
- Hold a full UK/EU/EEA driving licence for at least 12 months with no more than 6 penalty points and must be over the age of 20 yrs old
- Proven working experience in retail and/or visual merchandising
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Wine knowledge is beneficial but not essential
- Friendly, helpful, confident and engaging personality
- Physically able to move pallets and boxes of wine, beer and spirits around in a safe and efficient manner
What is in it for you:
- Staff discount
- Uniform provided
- 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays (pro rata if part-time role)
- PLUS invites to wine tasting events
- Career development opportunities - we are passionate about nurturing our internal talent!
Majestic Wine is the UK’s leading specialist wine retailer. Majestic was founded in 1980 and, alongside its Commercial and French divisions, had a turnover of over £300m last financial year.
Alongside strong growth in multi-channel sales, Majestic believes there is still a key role for a retailer that is loved by customers and loved by suppliers. We pride ourselves on our enthusiastic, knowledgeable and friendly people, who, working as part of a close-knit team deliver exceptional customer service in a vibrant and fast paced retail environment. More information can be found at www.careers.majestic.co.uk
In August 2019 Majestic announced it will be continuing its story under new private ownership and was purchased by US investment firm - Fortress. The sale included the Majestic brand, stores, website, Commercial and our French division.
Fortress are now backing the vision for the future of Majestic and they see a lot of headroom for growth. The investment group pointed to Majestic’s ‘strong cross channel journey, expert staff and widespread brand affection’ when deciding to buy the business from its PLC status.
- Contract: 12 hr Part-time Fixed Term Contract until 24/12/21
- Hours: 12 hours per week, typically 0600-1000 or 1900-2300 shifts (Must be flexible to adapt to any logistical changes)
- Interview Date: Week beginning 16th August
So If you want to be part of a dynamic, busy and fun team, then apply today together with your up to date CV!
We look forward to receiving your application! #ProudtobeMajestic
On the occasions where we have high volumes of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date in order for us to manage all of the applicants appropriately. We will only be able to offer individual feedback to those candidates who attend an interview.